Turbo 3800 Series II

86SS86LS

I’d like to get some input on a turbo 3800/4l60E build that I am planning into an 87 Turbo T. I’ve done a fair amount of searching on this site and have read tons of info from GBGN1, quickt, slimtastic, Trannyman95, and others. My plans would include an l67 with f-body intake and accessories, built f-body 4l60e, f-body wiring harness, Holset HE351CW, f-body ecm tuned to run E85. Other details will include stock gn engine and frame side mounts, stock fuel lines and walbro pump, use the Holset internal wastegate, no intercooler (e85), no AC (unless there is room to move the compressor to the driver side), 3 inch down pipe....etc
Below are a few questions remaining:
I’ve read where a 98 f-body is the ideal donor (cable TB and better ECM than 97). I’ve also seen where a 96 or 97 harness with 97 ecm will work as well but lacks some of the functionality of the 98 ecm. What exactly is the difference between the 97 and 98 ecm? And will a 99-02 DBW setup work? (Although it seems adopting the DBW pedal would be a pain, things like making Cruise Control work would be easier)
From what I’ve seen posted on this site, everyone has built custom headers on their 3800 build. However, has anyone test fit factory exh manifolds (from an f-body, fwd car, van, etc.) in the up and forward positions? From eye-balling, it looks like the rear FWD steel manifold could be modified to work on both sides.
I would assume I need a Fuel Pressure Regulator with a boost reference……and that I would need cap off the return outlet on the factory fuel rail (Return to the tank would be from the FPR). Any ideas/tips, to mount the FPR and how to cap the return on the rail?

Appreciate any input from those that have been down this road already.

Yes, I expect it will be a pain. However, I'm starting with a roller.....so it should be a wash, if not slightly cheaper to go with a series II instead of sourcing a complete lc2 and 200r4.