Tuning with Otto

I have utmost respect for Otto. He has been there and done that and has the t-shirt. I too am glad he resurfaced. I just wish he would move South!

[quote="bison, ]The rpm on that dyno appears to be incorrect"[/quote]

Well, I thought the torque seemed a little high and the horsepower a little low. I got to figure if guys like Bison and Cal
think the graph is off...well then, the graph is off! I got to guess the main thing was Otto was 'driving' and tuning thru
FAST XFI. Having Otto tune the car was more important than getting dyno numbers. But we'll see if we can get to the
bottom of this.......... :confused:

[quote="BALL SAC"[/quote]

?????? I'm sure there's a compliment hidden in there somewhere! :confused:

Track Day

10/25/13 Took the car to the track for first time ever. Cold, 40’s with a stiff biting wind. It’s about a 1
hour drive for me. Saw one group of 5 GN’s that were very clean, stock from the outside, don’t recall what
they ran. Scattered about were various GN’s, T’s and other TR’s. One badass was running 10.70’s all
day but looked like junk. No center caps, no windshield trim, you could see white clips around the windshield,
paint looked like bondo cracking, gutted interior with wires all over the place. No handle on the shifter, just
the stick, had to press the white button on top to shift. Clean that car up!

Hooked up with Otto and we decided he would test it first due to his experience and he would log the run also.
If anything didn’t seem right we’d shut it right down. A little nervous as I can’t afford to blow anything else up!
As Otto headed to the burnout box I said a small prayer to Our Blessed Lady Of Acceleration! First run went
great!
Boost = 22
60ft. = 1.54
E.T. = 10.74
MPH = 124+

Otto looked over the log, made some tweaks to the tune and went for a 2nd run:
Boost = 22
60ft. = 1.49
E.T. = 10.70
MPH = 124+

Otto goes over the log -car seems to be dialed in pretty good. No boost creep or any other problems rear
their ugly head. Now my friend Jerry Pierce shows up. He’s been helping me for years and he races. He
is the 2013 IHRA Super Rod Divisional Points Champion. I let Jerry take a pass, he’s earned it!
Boost is unchanged.
60ft. = 1.52
E.T. = 10.72
MPH = 124+

The car seems pretty consistent. All runs are off the footbrake (powermaster). Finally it was my turn
for a pass. I spun the tires to a 2.19 60ft., had to let off to get control back and I did not run a 10.7x.
By then it was just freezing out, the track was losing it and we were satisfied with what we accomplished.
There is always next year. And I was able to drive the hour back home in one piece! Always good.

At this point I’m pretty happy with a 10.7 street car. Over the winter I think I’ll put the center caps on,
fix the windshield trim, get the paint fixed, install the interior, and put the handle back on the
shifter

PIC.JPG

Well that’s it for this year. While tuning with Otto the car went from I could not keep it running in the spring
to running10.7’s first time out! By far the best it’s ever ran. THANKS AGAIN, OTTO!!!
YOU ARE FREAKIN’ AWESOME!!!

TS.JPG

Great work guys! Hopefully Otto gets back into the Buick scene again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

[quote="Great work guys! Hopefully Otto gets back into the Buick scene again."[/quote]

Thanks, Cal. We appreciate you saying that! :) I think we'd all like to see Otto back into the Buick scene again!
I can tell you first-hand he ain't forgot anything about tuning a Buick. In fact, he may be better than ever!!! :p
Of course my view may be a little biased! :p

[quote="Great times!!! I like how the story wrapped up :p[/quote]

Thanks! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!!! :D