Tune?

What's the rest of your setup, is it totally stock with just a upgraded chip ? If so and it runs good I would say no but if you have made other changes such as injectors and so on you may want to get a tune to get the most out of it. I have talked to a few people in my area who all went to the same shop and it looks like the going rate is somewhere between 400-800 depending on what all parts need replacing, if my car was stock I would just put that money into a scanmaster, maf upgrade, bigger injectors, or a alky kit. I have done all the usual upgrades to my car and haven't made it to the shop to get tuned yet and it still runs down anything on the road, can't wait to get some extra money and see how she will perform after a professional tune.

You really can tune the car yourself with today's adjustable chips and data logging tools like the scanmaster and the powerlogger. You will have to educate yourself a bit, but Bob Bailey and Eric Marshal have you so close out of the box it makes you hesitant to "tweak" them. Be honest with your chip maker and realistic with your goals and you fine. You can even ask us on the board for tips and advise. Only downside is we won't charge you $400-$800! Well... I guess that's a good thing for you...LOL.