Tucson Arizona Track Rental

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Joe T. from phoenix and I were thinking about doing a track rental. Joe does them alot but I want to have more of a Buick event. Wish we still had the WCN but due to speedworld getting shut down we lost that yearly event and have had nothing for years

I was wondering if you guys would like to see another event? Was thinking Nov. Time frame like we use to do.

Joe is also a ford guy so if we wanted to we could have a Buick vs ford shootout if you wanted..

Or of we get enough cars have a class type event.

Just thinking out loud and wanting to get your opinion.

Brent

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Joe and I will be having a track rental this year for sure. I would really love to see a big Buick turnout and gauge us being able to have a large event next year. I would love to have a 2 day buick event only with vendors and such.

I would try to make this I think. 5 hour from Albuquerque but doable.
8 for me without trailer.. let's do this.
2ca6e364e464d0c2bbc659cb2031ffb1.jpg

Can't believe not many replies yet. No west coast guys want a Buick only event at a 1/4 miles track?

You guys, though the elevation is a little high, this is one of the best tracks I've ever been at.

Joe knows how to run a private track day and his events are pure fun, I've been to 5 of them.

Jim Hughes operates the track and he knows his shit, too. As many of you may recognize the Hughes name, (Hughes Performance Transmissions) Jim is a deeply talented fellow drag racer and he is doing a fantastic job of running Tucson Dragway. He's done everything from NHRA events and "Street Outlaws No Prep" races to Joe's private track rentals.

This thing (no offence, Nick) has the potential to be a really fun, relaxed, competitive event.

If it doesn't come to be, it's OK. Joe's track rental days are the best. Show up at 9-10AM, (Track open to run at 8AM) unload, make 6-8 passes, grab a hot dog and a coke at noon (or bring your own) and you're back on the trailer and headed home by 3 pm.

Can Wild Horse compete with that?

No, OH HELL NO.

I would like to work it to make it a longer day or even a 2 day event.

Will be moving back to Tucson in October, if this happens I’ll do my best to make it. Keep posting updates here.

We will do something for sure . We need to make it a good event every year

Can't get a good date. Shooting for next year. If we do a rental I'll keep everyone posted. I need to make some calls and get the ball moving for next year

I'll kick in to help sponsor something. I'm in with most of the major TB vendors. I can put the word out.

When was the last time we had a good 1/4 mile track day? I've looked at renting Fontana. Unless you have a hundred cars, forking out a hundred bucks each, you'll loose your ass. We need to do something.

I'll kick in to help sponsor something. I'm in with most of the major TB vendors. I can put the word out.

When was the last time we had a good 1/4 mile track day? I've looked at renting Fontana. Unless you have a hundred cars, forking out a hundred bucks each, you'll loose your ass. We need to do something.
Last time imop was speedworld.

We will start something for sure starting next year. Big or small we shall start. I'll speak with Joe in the next week or so and come up with a game plan