TTA Emblems

Most normal people would have gm bags then take them all out and put them in small bubble wrap.......which btw is the same small bubble wrap that repops are in. I'd send a pic of that too but again I'm too lazy. Have 2 sets like everyone else.

Tomorrow I will post more pictures. Tell me what you specifically want to see to determine that they are OEM.

Tomorrow I will post more pictures. Tell me what you specifically want to see to determine that they are OEM.

Here is a FOR SURE way to tell .. paste up a very very close up of the front emblem .. focus on the V in anniversary ... THAT WILL TELL ALL...

As the OEM is DIFFERENT ..

Its pretty hard to tell from some of the pics you have...

They look OEM but its hard to actually be 100% sure until the close up ...
as far as the packaging .. thats all BS !

The pic below is that a REPRO or a OEM ?

Attachments

• IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 93
Here is a FOR SURE way to tell .. paste up a very very close up of the front emblem .. focus on the V in anniversary ... THAT WILL TELL ALL...

The pic below is that a REPRO or a OEM ?
Judging by your shit ass attitude and how "lazy" you are, I will gladly take his word over yours.

Great good luck with the sale

Thank you for your help. It's obvious you are knowledgeable in these cars. I am a Buick guy, love the TTA though.

Judging by your shit ass attitude and how "lazy" you are, I will gladly take his word over yours.

Pic will tell all .. all of us could be right to an extent ..

we'll figure it out .. once we see the close up of the front .. it's super easy to tell

Pic will tell all .. all of us could be right to an extent ..

we'll figure it out .. once we see the close up of the front .. it's super easy to tell

That's possible.....I can put my nos badge with aftermarket set and say- believe it's a full nos set

That's possible.....I can put my nos badge with aftermarket set and say- believe it's a full nos set

Exactly that's what I mean .. I can tell each OEM vs REPRO .. just need a very good close up and its super easy to tell..

BTW the one I posted with that small bubble wrap is from 91 before they had REPRO's :)

I will say this, and I think I already did. This guy had these a long time and got them from his buddies body shop who had them even longer. I honestly dont care if they are OEM or repo. I do want them to be OEM for the sake of a purist in the TTA community. Lord knows I love OEM parts for my T. I would be fine throwing them in my cabinet for another 20 or 30 years.

I will say this, and I think I already did. This guy had these a long time and got them from his buddies body shop who had them even longer. I honestly dont care if they are OEM or repo. I do want them to be OEM for the sake of a purist in the TTA community. Lord knows I love OEM parts for my T. I would be fine throwing them in my cabinet for another 20 or 30 years.

I bet there is 5 guys that could tell the difference anyway :) certainly nobody from more than 2 feet away ..

I used to know the number .. I believe it was the first 300-350 cars that actually had all the emblems installed from the factory.. the others that followed weren't technically GM installed .. again makes no difference really .. lots of the TURBO side emblems never made it on to cars when delivered to the dealers.

Then there was the old street racer tampering that guys actually pulled off all the emblems and tucked them away and put on GTA emblems or just left all of them off as to not give away anything .. hence anyone can have a OEM set laying around from anywhere

Ok so look at the nose emblem ... surrounding the V in Anniversary you will see what looks like 3 small squares .. 1 at the top in the 12 o'clock position .. then 2 more at the base of the V at the 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock position .. these squares are not in repros . There is also a single Dot imperfection by the birds first feather to the right of its eye that is not pronounced in the repros

Also if you look at the TRANS AM at the top .. the LETTERS are a bit thicker in the OEM emblems and thinner in the REPROS .. its pretty obvious when you look at them side by side...
The emblem you have there is the thicker type set that OEM would have. The FACT that OEM emblems also had orange 3m backing is another obvious spot ..

This is why it's important to have a very very clean photo close up .. as on the initial pictures .. there is no way you could spot the detail needed to determine OEM or REPRO with certainty .. the pics you just put up should make things easy.

Hope this helps .. this should put things to rest as to whether they are OEM or not

Last edited:
Ok so look at the nose emblem ... surrounding the V in Anniversary you will see what looks like 3 small squares .. 1 at the top in the 12 o'clock position .. then 2 more at the base of the V at the 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock position .. these squares are not in repros . There is also a single Dot imperfection by the birds first feather to the right of its eye that is not pronounced in the repros

Also if you look at the TRANS AM at the top .. the LETTERS are a bit thicker in the OEM emblems and thinner in the REPROS .. its pretty obvious when you look at them side by side...
The emblem you have there is the thicker type set that OEM would have. The FACT that OEM emblems also had orange 3m backing is another obvious spot ..

This is why it's important to have a very very clean photo close up .. as on the initial pictures .. there is no way you could spot the detail needed to determine OEM or REPRO with certainty .. the pics you just put up should make things easy.

Hope this helps .. this should put things to rest as to whether they are OEM or not

Take a look at this which will shoot holes in your statement

Here's a few pics that put holes in ur statement. Attached is pics of a repop nose badge. Notice the squares next to the V, notice the same marked 3M tape, and it is flat.....which he doesn't want to post a pic of. The second batch of pics are from a nos. Enjoy
Screenshot_20170305-112214.png
Screenshot_20170305-112211.png
Screenshot_20170305-112205.png
Screenshot_20170305-112211.png