TTA Emblems

T What?

Addicted
Hey gents, what is the value of a full set of OEM Emblems for the TTA? Not the stickers, only the metal emblems. They are NOS. I have an opportunity to purchase, and will sell them to someone that needs them for my cost plus shipping. I don't want to overpay and get stuck with them.

Hey gents, what is the value of a full set of OEM Emblems for the TTA? Not the stickers, only the metal emblems. They are NOS. I have an opportunity to purchase, and will sell them to someone that needs them for my cost plus shipping. I don't want to overpay and get stuck with them.

New or used .. and is it a complete set or partial ..

Yes. OEM.

I'd say $600 for a complete set ... the rear TURBO emblem alone is $200 IF you can find one .. the rest can be had as they have REPROS too for $300 a complete set.

kinda a deal where you set the price because this isn't something you can just go an order .. REPROS are cheap.. real ones not so much

Once in my possession I will post detailed pictures to verify that they are infact OEM. If they are Repos I will sell them accordingly. What will be the significant differences. The story is they came frim a body shop after being on the shelf for years. They have since been stored from the individual I bought them from for 10 plus years.

00I0I_6YjEipgWkOL_600x450.jpg
00m0m_9qmEGEzoHlU_600x450.jpg
01515_eDTFGrIu2rt_600x450.jpg
00m0m_9qmEGEzoHlU_600x450.jpg
00I0I_6YjEipgWkOL_600x450.jpg

Attachments

• 00101_llN5p9qeI6V_1200x900.jpg
    00101_llN5p9qeI6V_1200x900.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 82
These are made of metal with the adhesive on the back. I will post more pics on sunday when I get them from my friend that picked up for me.

These are made of metal with the adhesive on the back. I will post more pics on sunday when I get them from my friend that picked up for me.

No TURBO emblem.. that's the heavy hitter right there that is missing .. they look OEM but hard to tell from the pics ..

No worries, Im not trying to get rich. I will get detailed pics posted and go from there. Hopefully someone can use them. If not I will hang on to them.

No worries, Im not trying to get rich. I will get detailed pics posted and go from there. Hopefully someone can use them. If not I will hang on to them.

ohh im sure someone can use them .. glad to see that someone that needs them will at least have the chance to buy a set .. thanks for putting these on here .. GLWS

Please put me in line for these. I'm going to have my car painted this year and a set of emblems would be great to have.

As a set goes ( minus the rear) the big thing to watch for is the curve on the nose emblem and the pin in the back is just enough difference to not line up right... every nos set i have seen had the tape on the back but that's not set in stone as they had a lot of inconsistencies new, i think the repo's where very good except for the nose emblem and they where cheap because they were clearing out old ( slow) moving inventory...also the map pocket should have a pin, not just tape.

Come on. Where are the detectives. Those are aftermarket. Look at the packaging. Not 1 GM bag with part number.

Come on. Where are the detectives. Those are aftermarket. Look at the packaging. Not 1 GM bag with part number.

OK super sleuth ..

First indication that they are real is that they is the actual lettering thickness is correct .. Repro has a slightly smaller font size and slightly thinner gold border
Second indication is the irregularity on the emblems .. the REPROS look too good .. the originals had some flaws
Third indication is that all the sets I have , had NO PACKING as they came with the cars installed or not installed as most of the cars didn't have the side emblems when delivered .. the side emblems went on at the dealer level.

Many of the Repro Fronts had incorrect coloring in the lettering as well.. As TTA308 pointed out the curvature is another one ...

These are not repros .. cause of packaging

Last edited:
Plus the white is to white for originals hopefully you didn't pay more than 300.00

That's how the white looks when they were new and Sun / UV never hit them ..

did you see them new in 89 when the dealer put them on ? ohh wait .. you weren't even around then :)

Bullshit I have 2 nos nose badges in gm bags with part numbers. I'm too lazy to dig them out to show u.