TTA aftermaket intercooler - who is still making them?

proptop

Keep trying Mr. Dunn as he is the only one that I know of that might be able to get you one. There was on the TTA forum for sale a while back.
Bob

proptop

E-ticket,
I know back in the day we put a modified GN intercooler in my Buddies TTA. I currently don't have a picture of the Jim Dunn/Mease that is in his car and I can't confirm if a stretched PTE would fit in there. I do now that the Dunn intercooler has an adjustable air scope and is stupid low in his car. Fit pretty well if memory serves me right.
Bob

proptop

Sir,
I disagree, we used one that was out of my Buick that had a Dutt neck on it. We did use his shroud off his TTA. After he installed the Jim Dunn that intercooler went to a guy in Germany for his TTA. The Dutt necked intercooler on my buddies setup was a solid two pound increase as we didn't change a thing when we put it in.
Thanks,
Bob

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
Nick Micale @ Arizona GN might have or know where to get one. He has a ton of shit squirreled away............

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
More fins per row
I have always wondered about actual energy displacement on this ....more fins equal more cooling ...but also blocks air flow ...A GN has 42, TTA 54, and GNX 64.....So 12 fins/inch compared to 10 fins/inch on GN...I had a TTA IC and could not tell the difference sitting next to a GN one ....until I actually measured ...I would be more worried about pressure loss...;)

Turbo6inKY

Short Guy
I have always wondered about actual energy displacement on this ....more fins equal more cooling ...but also blocks air flow ...A GN has 42, TTA 54, and GNX 64.....So 12 fins/inch compared to 10 fins/inch on GN...I had a TTA IC and could not tell the difference sitting next to a GN one ....until I actually measured ...I would be more worried about pressure loss...;)

The frontal surface area lost to the extra fins pales in comparison to the amount of surface area exposed to airflow to shed heat.

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
The frontal surface area lost to the extra fins pales in comparison to the amount of surface area exposed to airflow to shed heat.
interesting ...this would be a great test to see...the thermal dynamic change ....then I might regret getting rid of my TTA IC ... :p

Grumpy

Thread killer
I think I got 2 of them from Tony from what I remember. Had to make a few changes to the necks . I really don't remember him making any more. We went low11s @ 120+ with the stocker in the 1990's..

Sweet6

I ran 125.5mph with a factory motor with a Dutt neck IC and alky in 2009. My GN with pretty much the exact same setup as my TTA except for a PTE front mount went 125. The GN went 10.87 and the TTA went 10.80.