Tso Top Gun Point Series

and here is our guest of honor.

Attachments

• dramallama.jpg
    dramallama.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 272
Otto,
If you spent half the time working on your car that you do jawing on the internet we would be talking about how you set the TSO world on it ear with record setting performances.

I sold my car and have a sale pending on my motor.

The new car hasnt arrived yet but the new motor has,So not much more I can be doing right now.
It will not be a TSO car or any class car.
Congrats on your 160+ run last weekend.

But that quote above should read more like "If I spent half the money you guys do" not time.
More power to the guys that wiil put that much in them.
My car was mostly all used hand me down parts,Never the latest and greatest.

I sold my car and have a sale pending on my motor.

But that quote above should read more like "If I spent half the money you guys do" not time.
More power to the guys that wiil put that much in them.
My car was mostly all used hand me down parts,Never the latest and greatest.

$$ is no excuse Otto. Yours: RPE Built S2 engine, AMS-1000, New Borg Warner Turbo, PTC converter, XFI with the cool guy upgrades and a bitchin chassis.

What is so different from our combos Otto??

$$ is no excuse Otto. Yours: RPE Built S2 engine, AMS-1000, New Borg Warner Turbo, PTC converter, XFI with the cool guy upgrades and a bitchin chassis.

What is so different from our combos Otto??

80mm compared to custom 88mm,Home built 3615# chassis(compared to 3410# chassis),Hand me down used heads(That werent good enough for you)
I only got to put 2 passes on the ptc convertor and only once got a good 60ft.
There is a difference there.

After reading all the banter i had to chime in.
It is not a record unless the car is teched at an event.
I have to agree with ted on this one.
As for coulda shoulda woulda i remember
putting the fastest tsm car on the planet on the
trailer reynolds 2006.Competition matters!!!!

80mm compared to custom 88mm,Home built 3615# chassis(compared to 3410# chassis),Hand me down used heads(That werent good enough for you)
I only got to put 2 passes on the ptc convertor and only once got a good 60ft.
There is a difference there.

The 88 is a off the shelf unit and you chose to bring that turbo to the track. I have no clue how you got yours that heavy, my old car was similar to yours and came in just over 3425# without the lightweight stuff you had.

Those heads went 9.01 BTW.

tso

gentlemen i see people going faster than i ever have and some have less than i do, such as chassic, turbo, etc, does it bother me not really, i know if i ever get my chassic ironed out where i can make a full pass without lifting then maybe i can go faster, as i do all my own engine work and trans, as well hell i cant blame anyone because it wont go fast enought, in bowling green in may it will be hot then we will see how fast everone is, to all of you front runners or fast cars good job. keep up the good work. yea i really love to read all the fussing or what ever you call it.:cool: it makes good reading. now back to picking corn, oc,,,

Wow right back in the saddle with the monkeys. Gods boss Tony Gomes is ready and willing to run a number if it went fast this past weekend that means that engine has about one or two more passes on it before it needs to be freshened., so I think all the other guys are safe. As far as you holding some kind of TSO record come on. When Avon ran a number you all were quick to jump on the nitrous bandwagon. All I know is you dont pick up 7 8 9 mph just figuing out how to be smarter than the boost controller and it sure as hell isnt your tuner. HMMM Sooner or later it will all come out weather its nitrous, moonshine in the tank or your just afreakin LIAR!! Please let me know when you are going to the track again so I can stand at the 660 to pick up the piece.****************************************************************************************************************************

As far as you holding some kind of TSO record come on. When Avon ran a number you all were quick to jump on the nitrous bandwagon. All I know is you dont pick up 7 8 9 mph just figuing out how to be smarter than the boost controller

Exactly!!

8.50 @ 162+ cecil county with a 3 year old motor Jeff you nailed it cause your smart enough to know what it takes to add 4-5 mph out of the blue with a combo you have been running for years my TSO record is for breakege but if ain't breaking it your just not trying hard enough thanks for the plug it was closer to 8mph

BTW: I am super excited at the performance you guys are showing for these combinations. It seemed for a while this class was hitting a brick wall.
It seems several of you have smashed right through it.

Ted, Dave, Chris and Tony thanks for raising the bar.
Next year should be insane.

JESUS H C*****! I am looking forward to next season, it will be interesting with or without all the BS. I plan to take Teds record on the first race, whether it happens or not is yet to be determined. Good luck to all (especially the guys flying our banner:biggrin: )

The 88 is a off the shelf unit and you chose to bring that turbo to the track. I have no clue how you got yours that heavy, my old car was similar to yours and came in just over 3425# without the lightweight stuff you had.

Those heads went 9.01 BTW.

My turbo was run cause of price 800 bucks new.Way less than a new 88.
My choice to not spend as much money as most.Also another reason i
wasnt as fast as the rest.

No clue or not,If someone has the info from BG,Thats what it weighed
when teching in for TSO.I have no idea either why.

I do feel good knowing I almost went as fsat with those heads as they have gone,But if they were that great you probably would have kept them.

After reading all the banter i had to chime in.
It is not a record unless the car is teched at an event.
I have to agree with ted on this one.
As for coulda shoulda woulda i remember
putting the fastest tsm car on the planet on the
trailer reynolds 2006.Competition matters!!!!

When gys beat records in testing it wont be marked down in the books.
But is still recognized as a record breaking run.

I fixed my sig to for the ones getting upset

One thing is FUR SURE,We are both followers,Better give yourself a chin check too;)

Hey I am a follower now, I am following Ted and his pass at 170+ I thought 163 at cecil was good. In fact seeing as he has cracked the 170 barrier with a t4 turbo i think its time for the 100# weight break to go away. I am calling Chris tommorow and going over some of this latest info it looks like that combo may need to be visited

This thread is getting out of hand.
Please clean it up...

John,

Your right about it getting carried away my orginal post was to try and find out what was changing in the rules and trying to get it made public. So i could have a chance at giving an opinion, even tho I have no say but it does not mean i cant submit an opinion.

here we go again

I don't post much on the internet because I'm not very good at getting my thoughts out over a keyboard. I had a great time this year racing TSO, sometimes things went well and sometimes they didn't. I guess sometimes you do have to be smarter than the boost controller ( or at least smarter than a bad boost solenoid ). It looks like next year is going to be very interesting with some new faces in the staging lanes. I look forward to some close racing!

Dave Fiscus
8__ it didn't happen if you didn't see it

I don't post much on the internet because I'm not very good at getting my thoughts out over a keyboard. I had a great time this year racing TSO, sometimes things went well and sometimes they didn't. I guess sometimes you do have to be smarter than the boost controller ( or at least smarter than a bad boost solenoid ). It looks like next year is going to be very interesting with some new faces in the staging lanes. I look forward to some close racing!

Dave Fiscus
8__ it didn't happen if you didn't see it

Hey I didnt see it,:biggrin: plus your behind the 8 ball you need 3 more mph to catch dans latest creation I think you need to step up to a t4 turbo

My turbo was run cause of price 800 bucks new.Way less than a new 88.
My choice to not spend as much money as most.Also another reason i
wasnt as fast as the rest.

No clue or not,If someone has the info from BG,Thats what it weighed
when teching in for TSO.I have no idea either why.

I do feel good knowing I almost went as fsat with those heads as they have gone,But if they were that great you probably would have kept them.

Otto, the whole point is here don't whine about not spending $$ to get where you wanted to go and use that just as a excuse why it didn't happen. I'm sure if you didn't break 2 sets of ring gears, burnt pistons and the many other "setbacks" you would have had the $$ to buy a 88mm turbo, but I know that's racing, been there.

Just don't come in here pointing fingers we are winning with our checkbooks, that's a B.S. chicken$hit thing to say.