TSM Testing yesterday Turbocliff

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
Well as it turns out Ive had a bad fuel pump all year so far :eek: I run twin bosch pumps, and 1 of them I have discoved had not been working since the car was tuned. I replaced it before going to the track this weekend, and could see the results of the added fuel volume. My XFI was ripping out 5.5% fuel across the board (the max WAS set at 5.5%), and AF was 9.35-9.50 the whole way down the track... I about fell asleep driving to a 10.00 @ 136. Mr. Bob Kurgan tweeked the tune a bit after that, and with still more fuel to rip out it went a 9.60 @ 135 with a major boost drop issue... was 22psi when i clicked second, 17psi when i clicked 3rd and 14-15psi throughout 3rd gear. :mad: It will be addressed before reynolds.

But, got some nice action shots anyways :biggrin:

Attachments

• 9-24-08 001.jpg
    9-24-08 001.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 394
  • 9-24-08 002.jpg
    9-24-08 002.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 389
I wish I could have stayed to watch. You car should scream once you get it dialed in. Pics look great. :cool:

Typical TSM Combo: 109 block motor, 70mm turbo, BA front mount, XFI, PTC converter, built 8.5 rear, TRZ suspension all around, Tuned by Bob Kurgan. :cool:

Likewise Jason, you need to show these pictures to Strong and show him whats up - haha. ;)

Nice launch...

turbocliff, mind sharing what tires you're using? Look like MT Drag Radials in the pics...

Thanks Cliff. Bob's tuned/helped out with some of my buddies Lightning trucks so it's good to know he can tweak on a Buick as well :D I read that he got his own car in the 7's on Sunday :eek:

Congrats.. Watchout with those big wheelies. Last two years at Reynolds I went too high and lost..

Congrats.. Watchout with those big wheelies. Last two years at Reynolds I went too high and lost..

It was on the scales for the first time a few hours ago and adjustments are being made this week to come out harder without the wheels up so high.. That is not how to win races thats for sure.