Trying to identify these turbines... (pics)

mike85gn

Get Bent!
So I've got my TA33 off and I'm trying to identify the guts. The intake inlet is approximately two and one-eighth inches across, and the wheel itself has 12 blades, 6 blades with 6 other blades directly below them. The exhaust outlet is approximately two and one-quarter inches across and the turbine has 11 blades. Does anyone know what kind/size/trim of turbines these are? There still seems to be a little "meat" left on both the intake and exhaust, is there enough to upgrade further? What do you guys think?

ps: I'm waiting for info from John Craig regarding this, but he hasn't gotten back just yet. Let's see who guesses right!

http://www.t6p.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1978

http://www.t6p.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1979

I'm guessing the turbine is the T3 Hi-flow (TA3401 or T3 76 trim).
I'm guessing the compressor is a T04E 54 trim.

I am no expert and do not know anything about the turbine specs etc. All I know is that the compressor wheel is the same as the TA49.
As far as going bigger ......... There won't be much sealing surface left on the compressor side. It gets really thin in this one area.

I also think that pushing more air through the small compressor housing may decrease the efficiency sooner without a big increase in flow. I am sure there is a trade-off somewhere. The question is “where is the trade-off boost/flow?”

My guess is that the exhaust is a T31.

I have no idea what the compressor wheel is, but I can tell you for sure that you can definitely go bigger! Here are some pics of mine:

Attachments

• comp1s.JPG
    comp1s.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 128
  • comp2s.JPG
    comp2s.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 123
Jerryl said:
I am no expert and do not know anything about the turbine specs etc. All I know is that the compressor wheel is the same as the TA49.
As far as going bigger ......... There won't be much sealing surface left on the compressor side. It gets really thin in this one area.

I also think that pushing more air through the small compressor housing may decrease the efficiency sooner without a big increase in flow. I am sure there is a trade-off somewhere. The question is “where is the trade-off boost/flow?”

Wrong the compressor is smaller than a TA49 - this was a myth started about 5 years ago. Trust me I've had both on sitting in front of me comparing. The 49 is huge compared to the TA33. The compressor/turbine should be the same as a TE32/TA32 - 54 trim cold side/69 trim hot side.

The TA33 and TA49 use the same comp wheel ~58mm, their difference is seen in their respective comp housing...they indeed both use the T31 xhaust wheel...however I have 'heard' these wheels vary in exducers :confused: