Trying to figure out no spark, no injector pulse problem......

NCC1701

Hello All,
I have been trying to trace down a no spark, no injector pulse issue. I have traced it down to the fact that with the key on, I am not getting a voltage to either the crank sensor or the cam sensor. I do have battery voltage at pin M and P of the ignition module.connector. Where does the voltage for these two circuits originate? Is it supposed to be powered by one of these two powered inputs thru the ignition module? I went tru the cranks but wont start and it pointed to an ignition module. I replaced it and still nothing. I then replaced the crank sensor, the cam sensor, and the ECM. Still I am not getting any spark or inj. pulse. It started a few weeks ago when my GN just died on me at a light a few blocks away from my house. I came up to stop at a red light and the car just died. It would just crank and crank, but not fire. I had a friend of mine push it home with his old van.:redface: The night before i had set up my oil pump. I must have set it up too tight because it locked up the oil pump gears and sheared the cam sensor gear roll pin. That is when I replaced the cam sensor and still nothing. This is when I did the no start check list and it pointed to the ignition module. Replaced it, no change. Replaced crank sensor, no change. replaced ECM no change. I have continuity from cam and crank sensor to Ignition module.
tell me if this is correct. once the key is turned to the start/run position I shouild have power to both sensors. Since I have power at M&P, then that would indicate that the ignition switch is good to go. I am thinking that one of these two circuits is supposed to power the crank and cam sensor.
Am I on the right track?
Thanks
Lorenzo

Make sure your pins at the coil pack connector are not separated.

I had almost this same exact issue. Quick diagnosis pointed to module. I changed it with an aftermarket one.same problem. So i proceded to pull my hair out for the next 4 hours or so,but everything pointed to a faulty module. How could this be, its new.IT CAN BE,and it was.new doesnt always mean good.it happens. Food for thought

The cam and crank sensors do get their power from the ignition module. No power at the sensor plugs points at a module issue but could also be a problem with the module pins/plug connection.

Seems odd this problem after the roll pin shears. No?

RL

I don't know if this will help but here goes ...
You say that you have battery voltage at pin M and P of the ignition module.connector. Inside the ign module, the pin P voltage provides the sensor signal power on pin H (Crank) and pin N (Cam). If the battery voltage is not making it from P to H and P to N, the module is bad.
Oh, the voltage on pin M is used for the coil.

Dennis

With the information you guys gave me, I am 99.9% I found my problem. It appears that my CCCI connector is bad. Once i had confirmation that the ignition module powered the crank and cam sensors thru pin P I proceeded to bench test my ignition module by applying 12 volts to pin P and measuring the output at pin H and pin N. I got 7.8 on on one and 8.2 onthe other. So I reinstall it and again I test the connections using a jumper wire from the CCCI connector pin P to the ignition module Pin P and again I measure the outputs on Pin H and Pin N with the ignition on. I get basically the same voltage reading as from my bench test. So I reconnect the CCCI connector and check the harness side of the cam and crank sensor for voltage and Pin A on each. Nothing, I even wiggled the CCCI connector and still got no readings. Since I know the wires are good between the crank and cam sensor and the ignition module, that just leaves the connector.
I am going to order a CCCI splice from caspers and that looks like it will solve my problem. It appears that shearing the cam sensor gear and my CCCI connector going bad was just a coincidence. It sure is funny how they both happened about the same time.
I will post my results after I replace the connector.
Thanks Again,
Lorenzo
AKA
NCC1701

I can ohm them this evening..........

Good Afternoon,
I did do a continuity check from the Harness side of each sensor connector to the Ignition module connector. I hade continuity on all 3 wires for each sensor. I will ohm the wires this evening when I get home and post the results.

ohm results.........

The wires between each sensor ohmed out to .08 each on the 200 scale of my multimeter. I hope the Ignition module splice I ordered from Caspers arrives today or tomorrow.:D

Did the splice work? I am having the same issue! No power getting to the coil! (I know this because I put my test light from the control wire to the common feed wire on the module had my wife crank it and no power!) I have tried two other modules with no luck.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!