Trying to establish my GN support group

Oregon'84GN

I'm finally able to get my 1984 GN out of hibernation. It's been waiting in my dads shop for me to get garage space. So now I've got the garage space so I'll be driving it up in July.

Having grown up with the GN I am very familiar with how finicky they can be at times and how special they are when it comes to repairs. So with that in mind I'd like to introduce myself and see if there are any gatherings this summer so I can get my support group established. I know that eventually I'm going to need some help with something.

I'm not just a regular GN fan. I remember the day back in 1984 when we went to look at new cars and I could not stop staring at that black car in the show room. I asked my dad if I could sit in it and then of course he had to drive it and then of course it was purchased. Then in the 90's I was able to take it with me to San Diego while I served my time in the Navy. It seemed like every time I drove it someone complimented the car. I've had every emotion possible with this car over the years but time and time again it's been a blast to drive. I can't wait to get out on one of those perfect cool dry days when the turbo just works a little better and show those tires who's boss.

If you want to hook up and chat sometime I'm in south Snohomish County, I live in Lynnwood (North of Seattle).

Thanks

I'm in Bremerton across the water. TurboSlacker posted in my recent regional thread that they are in the same county as you.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

WH1_T-Type said:
I'm in Bremerton across the water. TurboSlacker posted in my recent regional thread that they are in the same county as you.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yep, I'm in Lake Stevens. We could meet up at GN Northwest in Everett sometime.

Sounds good. I had no idea there was a strong local following. GN NW is less than 5 miles from my house.

What's the story on this Buick performance group gathering at national trails in August?

I had no idea there was a strong local following.

Sorry to interject, got excited when saw this post. So there is a GN group N.of Seattle, regular meets or hang out kinda thing? Wife from Everett & past 24 yrs she's been trying get me/us move Seattle area but y'all's terrible weather (& work of course) kept me at bay. Well, 2013's beautiful summer watching the Sound, drinking wine & I gave in; so we's looking for a place in Edmonds or Mukelteo (I kinda like that little town). But I like old cars, hotrods & BS'ing, & don't know if there's a lot of that going on there. One car is the usual-modified '87 GN, runs mid-high 12's. Is it true Wa. no smog tech. like in Ca? We can only slightly mod post-'74 cars to remain smog-compliant, & would be fun to turn GN into a 11sec street car, but only if there is a lot of local enthausiasm :) . What's the atmosphere there? Thanks.

Sorry to interject, got excited when saw this post. So there is a GN group N.of Seattle, regular meets or hang out kinda thing? Wife from Everett & past 24 yrs she's been trying get me/us move Seattle area but y'all's terrible weather (& work of course) kept me at bay. Well, 2013's beautiful summer watching the Sound, drinking wine & I gave in; so we's looking for a place in Edmonds or Mukelteo (I kinda like that little town). But I like old cars, hotrods & BS'ing, & don't know if there's a lot of that going on there. One car is the usual-modified '87 GN, runs mid-high 12's. Is it true Wa. no smog tech. like in Ca? We can only slightly mod post-'74 cars to remain smog-compliant, & would be fun to turn GN into a 11sec street car, but only if there is a lot of local enthausiasm :) . What's the atmosphere there? Thanks.

There's a good number of GN / Turbo Buick owners in the Seattle area. All of the GN / Turbo Buick owners are very friendly and they're a great bunch of guys to hang out with! A handful of the cars in the area run 10's, 9's, and even 7's. ;)

During the spring/summer/fall, there are a lot of car shows to participate in or check out. There's a different themed car show every Sunday in Issaquah at XXX Rootbeer, several car shows in Everett, Seattle, and the big Good Guys show in Puyallup. Edmonds has a big car show at the end of each summer - there were over 800 cars in attendance at this year's show.

If you live in Edmonds or Mukilteo, feel free to stop by the shop ( www.gnnorthwest.com ) whenever you'd like - we're right down the road. There's always something GN / Turbo Buick related going on. :)

There's a good number of GN / Turbo Buick owners in the Seattle area. , there are a lot of car shows to participate in or check out. There's a different themed car show every Sunday in Issaquah at XXX Rootbeer, several car shows in Everett, Seattle, and the big Good Guys show in Puyallup. Edmonds has a big car show at the end of each summer - there were over 800 cars in attendance at this year's show.
Cool, sounds great, don't have to sell my love-children moving there. Must be a trait of GN/TB owners to get along, the SoCal group is also very congenial. I also monitor the major Olds 442 website, they're at each other like teenage girls. You mentioned the Edmonds end of summer show...,summer OVER up there :( ?
Thanks for the friendly response, andthe shop invite, definately will stop in.