trunk mounted battery

This is the set-up in my race car with 2 batteries which has been great for years as I never have an issue with enough power for an entire day at the track.

One of my street cars has a single battery in the trunk as well.

It is important to run both positive and negative to the front of the car to 2 distribution junction blocks, one positive , one negative.

Do NOT use the frame or body for any power or ground path as we found years ago it will cause issues.

View attachment 262286

Pics of the junction blocks up front please???

Pics of the junction blocks up front please???
I use junction blocks up front. I got them from the boating parts store. They make it easy to add accessories.
Take a look......
IMG_0098.JPG
IMG_0119.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG

Thank's guys. Last weekend it started it's hibernation. I will soon begin a long "punchlist" of items I would like to get accomplished before spring. Nothing major. Just some little nit-picky stuff. Lights, brakes, tires, some new Jet-Hot coating, a little electrical work, fluids, plugs, then some polishing, tuning, and then back together with a wash and wax. If it's not too cold, I may finish before spring starts. Unlike last year!

It won't leave the garage again unless it looks and runs just the way it did when it went to sleep this fall. No shortcuts.

I've got to weld plates in bracket. I'm trying to get angle of spare tire well

I was looking to hide the junction blocks, I think I'm going to mount a backpressure sensor on top.
I have an extra fuse box on glove box door.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451858889.018582.jpg

I was looking to hide the junction blocks, I think I'm going to mount a backpressure sensor on top.
I have an extra fuse box on glove box door.

View attachment 270477
I couldn't bring myself to drill a hole in my bumper. So I went under it. When the switch is pulled out, it sticks out far enough to be noticed. If anyone complains about it not being labeled, a piece of masking tape that say "push off" will do while I'm at the track.
IMG_0069.JPG

The bumper already has a hole for the chute so I don't feel bad hacking on it more.

The bumper already has a hole for the chute so I don't feel bad hacking on it more.
Yea, I'm on the edge of installing one of those too! But it won't make too much sense for me because I am resisting the other necessary steps to make my car sub-10 second legal.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451952917.982088.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451952934.622386.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451952948.162549.jpg

Modified mount to fit profile of spare tire well
Used an 1/8 inch plate across the back
Mounted with 7/16 grade 8 bolts

I decided to go this route pretty easy installation accept welding a flat shelf in the spare tire area
8a01a8d68a0df40d0ad5e9f8db33846a.jpg
ce2afd9aeac91622c03ca049cb9eed41.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk