Trunk light

Turbo6Smackdown

Ok, my trunk light doesn't work. It appears to be a single orange wire, that looks just like the ecm wire. It disappears into the car. Where does it end up? The bulb's good and none of my fuses are burnt. I need to know where this thing ends up.

P.S., don't waste your time on wiring diagrams because I don't understand them. They do me zero good. I am going to take that class next, so I'm good with the "take an auto elec. class then" comments. thanks! :)

The switch above the tail light housing may be disconnected.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Check for 12V on the orange wire. Cig. Fuse runs it. Could be the mercury switch at the bulb.

Sent from my A110

That explains it. My cig lighter never worked. But dam, all my fuses are good... shit. Thanks for the tip.
Would you know where it ends up? Does it hang out by the drivers side feet by the gas/brake pedals by chance?

It runs up to connector C453 that is located on the upper left hand shroud. Somewhere behind the headlight switch.

Sent from my A110

If the radio retains it's settings then the CIG-CLK fuse is OK. That fuse also powers the door locks, underhood light and glove box light.

To get to the trunk, the power from that fuse exists the fuse block on C209, terminal L, orange wire. C209 is located on the left side of the fuse block. Vertical connector.

From there it goes to C453, terminal A, still orange. As posted above it is up under the dash on the left side. Thinking about this, IIRC, that connector is really a distribution point. It is mounted above the fuse block. The wire from C209-L goes to C453-A.

From C453-G, the orange wire gets run in the wiring conduit back to the trunk light.

If there is power door locks there are two more connectors involved. These are located in the wire between C209 and C453. If the car has a lighted vanity mirror see if it works. If so then that wire is OK. The vanity mirror gets power from C453-D.

That will also mean that the trunk light issue is between C453-G and the trunk light.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Wow, thank you. I'll have to go rootin around some more. So now does any of that affect my center console or speedo lights?

The center console and speedo lights are on a different circuit. Which includes the light dimmer rheostat.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I have a similar problem, no power at trunk, hood, or glove box lights, but clock, floor, vanity, dome and cig lighter all work. Where should I look from here?