TRUMP and ARIZONAGN!

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
This is not a "political" post, but ii was an exciting evening for my wife and I to attend Trump's "thank you to Arizona" event, and seeing and listening to the President and others in person is rare in anyone's life, and it was a first for me!

i just want to share my thoughts here beyond the other 10,000 or so participants in the hall.

First of all, security was excellent as the pitiful protesters were sparse in the 110 degree heat, and were fully barricaded from any of the people attending. None of them got into the hall, as there were NO protesters inside.

My wife and I, plus a good friend, were right at the rail of the press/TV section in the middle of the hall, and we did receive some coverage from the cameras that were scanning the floor.

What was never shown on TV were the preliminary speakers which was invocations, prayers, pledge allegiance to the flag, and a singer for the Star and Stripes.

When VP Pence spoke to introduce the President, he first talked about following the principles of our founding fathers, treat everyone with respect, help your fellow persons regardless of race, religion or color as the bible states.

The message from the current administration I received was it is not about money or power, it was helping people and bringing the country together to make it the best it can be.

When leaving there were some protesters still on the streets, but most all of them were regular people, no weapons, clubs or masks, just signs that said "peace", "help others", but no distruptive people. Oh, there were LOTS of police and security people that you did not want to mess with!

I am so glad Trump likes to come to Arizona, it was a highlight event I will never forget. :)

TRUMP.JPG

Moderators please move this to the Political Section.

When leaving there were some protesters still on the streets, but most all of them were regular people, no weapons, clubs or masks, just signs that said "peace", "help others", but no distruptive people.

View attachment 308248

So they were just some people trying to voice their opinions? Why do you have to call them pitiful then? How does insulting peaceful people help bring us together? :confused:

Last edited:
Good post Nick. I've heard much the same from others who have attended Mr. Trump's gatherings. One of my friends attended a pre-election rally in CA. Didn't see a single protester on his way there, or home. Later that evening he watched the news on TV. He was surprised at the news coverage of rabid protesters that weren't really there.

So they were just some people trying to voice their opinions? Why do you have to call them pitiful then? How does insulting peaceful people help bring us together? :confused:

You are correct, I used the wrong word?

Having seen many protesters at various events whose goal is to bring their point of view with physical force on those that disagree, these were normal people expressing their opinion in a civil manner.

Let us not forget etiquette...
All U.S. presidents retain their title for life, so all former presidents are referred to as Mr. President or President [last name].

When addressing our President it should be equitable regardless of party lines.

Such as the previous Honorable Barack Obama, President of the United States, or President Barack Obama.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Let us not forget etiquette...
All U.S. presidents retain their title for life, so all former presidents are referred to as Mr. President or President [last name].

When addressing our President it should be equitable regardless of party lines.

Such as the previous Honorable Barack Obama, President of the United States, or President Barack Obama.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Do you recall the Bill Clinton years?

Many of the TV news stations quit calling him President Clinton & began to refer to him as Mr. Clinton.

Moderators, please move this thread. It doesn't follow the what this section is supposed to be for, especially after the responses.
Turbo Lounge
Place for off topic relaxed discussions * No political or religious threads *

Moderators, please move this thread. It doesn't follow the what this section is supposed to be for, especially after the responses.
Turbo Lounge
Place for off topic relaxed discussions * No political or religious threads *

My intent was not to make a "political or religious" statement, but to share my experience to be in a gathering where our President was there in person.

Yes, my wife I were very excited to be in the same room with our President for over an hour, and yes there was political speeches, some prayers, but that just me saying generally what went on .

So you are offended, and want to limit my ability to have this "free speech" removed since you "judge" this as a political and religious thread, and not a relaxed discussion, and you are strongly disturbed?

I did not say anything political or religious in my post, just what I experienced.

Were you disturbed about our President, or the fact I mentioned a prayer was said for all people, not just the participants there?

I do not care if Shane was to delete or move this thread, you will still go along annoying others here with your comments and "facts".