trouble keeping pcv valve line on under boost

zapp240

anyone else had issues and a solution for keeping the vacuum line on the pcv under boost? was getting on an on ramp and hit it only to have it pop and stumble. I was a few minutes from home and popped the hood to hear the leak and see the line off. I was logging at the time so will see what it looks like when it went off. I guess i can use a hose clamp? this normal? running a Ta62 at about 23-25 psi.

IMG_1617.JPG

Clean it well, of all oil, spray the valve nipple w/ hair spray, put it together, and pull a ty wrap tite.

X3
To really hold it on there as both Chuck and Pronto has said be sure to remove any and all traces of oil on your PCV valve and also the inside of your PCV hose being slid over top. Hair spray on the inside of the hose works well.......You could use stainless safety wire in lieu of a plastic tye wrap.....if you've got some safety wire pliers it would help for an easier install. Agreed, that the US Plastics Kynar ( PVDF) check valve installed in your PCV line wouldn't hurt either.

SafetyWirePliers.jpg

X2 on the safety wire.

If all you have to try is zip ties get one long enough to make two full loops. If you look closely at a zip tied hose, it usually pulls up a little bump where the head meets the tail (giggidy). If you do a full loop and then connect them you'll have a full 360* of even compression.

Thanks guys, did some research and it sounds like a check valve inline might be the way to go.

Is the hard line bolted down to the intake? If not you can zip tie it to the fuel rail to help.

Like suggested, you may consider replacing the piece of hose.

Thanks guys, did some research and it sounds like a check valve inline might be the way to go.

You will still have to zip tie, clamp or tie wire the hose to the check valve, otherwise it will just blow the hose off in a different location.

If your current PCV valve seals well (which it sounds like it does to blow the hose off) and keeps boost out of the engine there's no need for a check valve. You just need to keep the hose on the PCV valve, maybe a small hose clamp would work.

If you need a new PCV valve and want to keep things more factory looking without adding extra stuff, the RJC Racing HD PCV valve is a good choice. It's more money, but seals very well and keeps things clean. You will still need the clamp the hose on it.

took Chuck's and others advice to clean and use some hairspray. then put a hose clamp on. should take care of the problem at the pcv I replaced the grommet while at it as I had it from when i bought both the pcv and grommet but did't replace the grommet as it was hardened and I didn't want to loose parts of it in the intake. IT came out all in one so now I should have both sides of the pcv shored up. ordered a few check valves and will start looking into the rest of the vacuum lines.

IMG_1623.JPG

One recommendation I would like to make is get a pair of flush cut wire cutters and cut the ty-wrap ends off FLUSH . I work around them all day , every day and those little tails will cut you up . I use these cheapo's from harbor freight , they work great and when they get dull I toss them and get another pair .
http://www.harborfreight.com/micro-flush-cutter-90708.html