Trouble Code 23, need help

oldwirehead

Army NCO on inactive duty
I'm getting an error code 23. I have a "Known good MAF (LS1)", new MAF Translator from Full Throttle, and a new chip from TurboTweak. I clear the code and the minute I start the car SES light comes on. I check the codes and I get 12 and 23. Please help!!

Have you got the dip switches set to on on on off...and the base knob set to zero?

Did you start the car up without the MAF harness and air temperature sensor plugged in?

Did you start the car up without the MAF harness and air temperature sensor plugged in?
Bear with me, I have two plugs from the MAF Translator, is one of these the "air temperature sensor". If not where is the
air temperature sensor plugged in? :confused:

Been awhile since I've seen a stock air breather setup. If yours is stock you'll see the sensor around it. Most of the guys drill a hole in the cone air breather and put it there when they do away with the stock setup.

Been awhile since I've seen a stock air breather setup. If yours is stock you'll see the sensor around it. Most of the guys drill a hole in the cone air breather and put it there when they do away with the stock setup.
Here are 2 pictures of my setup. The plug that plugged into the stock air cleaner is not plugged into anything now. Are you saying I need to take the sensor out of the stock setup and mount in the new setup?

Attachments

• 87 GN 001.JPG
    87 GN 001.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • 87 GN 002.JPG
    87 GN 002.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 91
Here are 2 pictures of my setup. The plug that plugged into the stock air cleaner is not plugged into anything now. Are you saying I need to take the sensor out of the stock setup and mount in the new setup?

That plug has to have the sensor plugged into it. Normally the guys drill a hole in the lip of the breather and install it there.

Pull the sensor out of the stock setup and plugged it in, no more SES. Now go need find the best place to mount it. Thanks for your help!

Just zip tie if off. TT chips don't use it...