Triple Rice Kill

jemook

So this younger fella who works with me thought his Mitsubishi Turbo Eclipse was faster than the GN. We went twice from a standstill and he lost twice by about 4 lengths, even though I can't get much traction from my old tires. Then he wanted to run from a 25 mph roll. He got me for about 30 feet, but he went into boost before I did, and I spun though both shifts again, then I just rolled on by. I've got some video's if I can get them to post. He definitely has more respect for the Buick now. It's a lot of fun to educate the ricers. Now he wants to spend about 3 grand on his car so he can beat me. Told him come on, I'd jack the boost up and spend 25 bucks for some 102 octane and we'd get it on again. Turbo Regals still RULE.:sneaky:
John

Just get alky injection and you don't need the 102 octane. How much boost were you using?

Great kill. It's always good to educate the imports. I would of told him ok next time we race it's going to cost you some money lol

Good kill but careful, some of those DSM trio's (Plymouth Laser, Eagle Talon, and Mitsubishi Eclipse) are no joke and the serious ones are definitely not rice. In fact a true DSM'er considers his car American and hates rice as much as any mullet wearing red neck small block driver ever did. A DSM supporter's favorite movie series is not the "Fast and Furious" franchise. The first and second generation of the cars were built in Normal, Ill. as a joint venture between Chrysler and Mitsubishi as a domestic platform and if I'm correct the first gen was not even available in Japan. Both 1G and 2G's were available in turbo fwd and all wheel drive models. Although after the second generation, the turbochargers went away, Chrysler pulled out and the Eclipse was the only thing left, it became an import and is no longer considered a DSM. These DSM cars have tremendous potential and have long been known as V-8 slayers. They are sort of the 4 cylinder equivalent of a turbo Buick. Easy to modify and fairly inexpensive to make pretty darn quick not to mention just fun cars to drive.
A 1G or 2G, especially if AWD, dives like it is on rails and will make you wonder why you are taking that curve so fast. The engines are tough and capable of outrageous power levels and a version of it still powers Mitsu's Evo line of performance cars. I had one friend with a fwd Talon that made 270 plus to the front wheels with just a fuel pump, a free flow exhaust, a hacked air can, a small front mount and a big stuff ignition. Doesn't sound like that much but in a 2200 lb car it would pull a c5 Vette on the fly. There are a few stock bodied, stock block, cars in the 8's and dedicated race cars in the 7's. Like a turbo Buick, you may not be able to tell if you're facing a 15 second stocker or an 11 second screamer and if this kid does put 3 grand in his car it may take more than race gas to catch him.

Of course the kid could be a ricer who just happens to own a DSM and the 3 grand might be for new rims and ground effects. in that case just turn up the boost and handle your business. ;)

Good kill but careful, some of those DSM trio's (Plymouth Laser, Eagle Talon, and Mitsubishi Eclipse) are no joke and the serious ones are definitely not rice. In fact a true DSM'er considers his car American and hates rice as much as any mullet wearing red neck small block driver ever did. A DSM supporter's favorite movie series is not the "Fast and Furious" franchise. The first and second generation of the cars were built in Normal, Ill. as a joint venture between Chrysler and Mitsubishi as a domestic platform and if I'm correct the first gen was not even available in Japan. Both 1G and 2G's were available in turbo fwd and all wheel drive models. Although after the second generation, the turbochargers went away, Chrysler pulled out and the Eclipse was the only thing left, it became an import and is no longer considered a DSM. These DSM cars have tremendous potential and have long been known as V-8 slayers. They are sort of the 4 cylinder equivalent of a turbo Buick. Easy to modify and fairly inexpensive to make pretty darn quick not to mention just fun cars to drive.
A 1G or 2G, especially if AWD, dives like it is on rails and will make you wonder why you are taking that curve so fast. The engines are tough and capable of outrageous power levels and a version of it still powers Mitsu's Evo line of performance cars. I had one friend with a fwd Talon that made 270 plus to the front wheels with just a fuel pump, a free flow exhaust, a hacked air can, a small front mount and a big stuff ignition. Doesn't sound like that much but in a 2200 lb car it would pull a c5 Vette on the fly. There are a few stock bodied, stock block, cars in the 8's and dedicated race cars in the 7's. Like a turbo Buick, you may not be able to tell if you're facing a 15 second stocker or an 11 second screamer and if this kid does put 3 grand in his car it may take more than race gas to catch him.

Of course the kid could be a ricer who just happens to own a DSM and the 3 grand might be for new rims and ground effects. in that case just turn up the boost and handle your business. ;)

Blah, blah blah....... Ricer still got beat, yes?

Buick = W

Mitsu = L

Times 3.

Game, set, match........ Buick. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Very nice kill, jemook!

Curious what his setup was....I have a 91 awd auto talon that made 505 on a bone stock 156,000 mile bottom end..6262 journal turbo...stock trans/converter ...stock rearend and axles.....weighs 2600#

It's a fuckin riot of a street car

Love my Buick and its quick enough but the talon is a brutal money maker....

At the end of the day it's just a talon though and my Buick is the baby

On my old 12 second combo, I got walked at the top by a Turbo Eclipse once.
He had done some work to it, and kept it stock appearing. I knew it was more than stock when he opened his exhaust dump just as we got ready to go.
I'm still hunting him for a rematch....

Sorry folks, been out of town a lot lately and hadn't had much time to reply :oops:.. Anyway, the car is basically stock:
16 psi boost, walbro pump (not sure which one, I think maybe a 255), a few slight mods, exhaust, nothing major. After this coming Wednesday though, when I finally get to retire :LOL:, she's going get a thorough upgrade. New Ron Davis radiator, brakes and lines, wheels and tires, injectors and throttle body, Alky, wiring, much cleaning, the works; I got a lot of stuff here at the house just waiting to be installed.(y)
John