Trigger wheel sensor bracket

planka

Sensor was this one:
Hall Effect Crankshaft Position Sensor

Trigger wheel was cut by local waterjet place ($45) and I did the welding to mount it to the balancer.

View attachment 349848View attachment 349849View attachment 349850View attachment 349851View attachment 349852
is it possible for you to send the water jet file ? or a link to a wheel that would also work that will also work

is it possible for you to send the water jet file ? or a link to a wheel that would also work that will also work
I just described to the guy at the waterjet place and he drew it up in just a few minutes. He never offered the file and I never asked. I have a "bad" one somewhere with the teeth too long but I can't find it.

It was balanced with the balancer attached. I had to make the stock balancer "neutral" to make everything work with the new crank. My machine shop balanced the balancer, crank and flywheel all separately so any of them could be replaced if needed.

okay
im looking to run a fuel tech ft450 ecu but i would like to switch to hall effect sensor

I am working on making a crank trigger mount that will work in the factory location and use Holley 554-118 hall effect flying mag pickup or pretty much any 3/4" thread sensor. ATI will also build a new balancer that will include a built in12-1 magnetic trigger wheel. I believe they can build the balancer with up to 24 magnets in it too. I will post pics of pickup mount along with part numbers from ATI. I am going to have the pick up mount copied and produced, I actually can't believe that someone hasn't made it yet TBH.

I was also considering having a bolt on 12-1 trigger wheel in the Buick 6 bolt configuration made with a lower crank pulley that would allow you to use the factory accessories. I would have to see what the interest is in that project first since ATI offers a balancer with a trigger wheel and lower pulley in int or ext balance that is nicer than any other balancer offered for the Buick.

Bison has an 18-1 that replaces the factory trigger and works with the stock crank sensor. Richard Clark has a bolt-on 36-1 that uses the Cherry hall effect sensor mounted in the stock location on a billet bracket.

Bison has an 18-1 that replaces the factory trigger and works with the stock crank sensor. Richard Clark has a bolt-on 36-1 that uses the Cherry hall effect sensor mounted in the stock location on a billet bracket.
Thanks Bob,
BIson is no longer making or has any crank trigger wheels, Ive asked him for one several times and would still like to find one for my T-type with the ECUGN. For my GN with 1400+ HP I am going to need/want a flying mag wheel which is why I am making it and 12-1 seems to be what most are using these days in higher HP apps.

Cherry Hall effect or Chevy? If Richard Clark's billet bracket accepts a 3/4-16 threaded sensor I am all about it?

The 36-1 kit uses the tab mount cherry sensor, but the threaded sensor should work fine also.
36-1-kit.jpg

Supply chain issues are likely affecting Bisons availability on his,
18x-1.jpg

I had no idea rc made those. Will they bolt on to a bhj balancer ? Any idea on price? Going to be running a dominator set up on my new build. Definitely interested in one of those.

not sure on the BHJ, it was designed as a bolt-on for the stock balancer to run with the ecuGN

not sure on the dominator compatibility.

Bob

not sure on the BHJ, it was designed as a bolt-on for the stock balancer to run with the ecuGN

not sure on the dominator compatibility.

Bob
The Holley software is pretty configurable. Sensor Type can be Rising, Falling, or Magnetic Sensor
1651519860660.png

I'm on the hunt for a crank trigger mounting bracket that bolts into the stock location.

I already have an ATI balancer. I have ordered a Hyperactive 12-1 wheel that will bolt to the front of the ATI balancer.

So if you one available I'll buy it.

I bought a Hyperaktive Motorsports 7" trigger wheel with 12 magnets in it.
I opened up the id of the wheel to fit over the register of my ATI balancer.
I bought the sensor and bracket from them as well.

I cut up the bracket so that it would line up with one water pump bolt. Then welded another piece to it to use another water pump bolt hole.

Works perfect.

I tried to upload a bunch of pictures and it says the files are to large. If anyone wants pictures just message me.