Trifecta Tune

How is this Trifecta Tune and is it worth getting.

Why yes, and yes.

The 2011 Regal CXL Turbo is the 2nd car I had tuned by Vince at Trifecta.

My First car was my 09 HHR SS (390 whp/ E30 blend: 370 whp 93) bolt on's and bolt on BNR 2871GT hybrid turbo swap (which will fit on our cars also). No internal engine work.
The HHR SS was 260 crank hp stock :eek:

Amazing what the Ecotec engine can handle and do with some tuning.

I'm also testing out the Trifecta Select-a-tune on the Regal CXL Turbo (not available yet). (I had this same feature on my HHR SS when it was tuned by Trifecta).

Basically the cruise button on/off switch will swap between the stock tune/trifecta tune.

Usually its set up with the cruise on/stock tune on, cruise off/Trifecta tune on but you can have it set up the other way around if you prefer.

The select-a-tune is perfect for valet parking (or any place where someone else is going to have access to driving your car), taking it in to the dealer so the stock tune is on or the nagging wife that doesn't care anything about more power on your Regal Turbo while she is driving it.

I've also already tested out some throttle input adjustments since we are drive by wire to get rid of the imput lag you feel between pushing the gas pedal and the throttle body reacting along with taking almost all the torque limitations off on the car

We are still tweaking the throttle adjustments, one more table left to mess with.

My car has been Trifecta tuned since being driven off the lot the day I bought it and taken home new, I'm now approaching 3k miles and haven't had so much as a hick up out of my car (I'm modified with some minor bolt ons also).

My 09 HHR SS was Trifecta tuned from 500 miles to 14K miles (trade in) and I never took the car to the dealer for any warranty work.

I've also installed bigger upper/lower intercooler piping.

Here's a pic of our factory O2/CAT housing, I don't have a CAT there anymore :biggrin:
Our factory downpipe is a nice piece that doesn't need replacing, no restrictions.

Regal 02 cat.jpg

Nice job, i like what you did to your Regal-T. Looks like i will be getting the Trifecta Tune soon. I like to know more about your installed bigger upper/lower intercooler piping. Where did you get the parts, did you really have to cut the engine cover. Is there a pipe that would fit around the cover like the stock pipe?

Nice job, i like what you did to your Regal-T. Looks like i will be getting the Trifecta Tune soon. I like to know more about your installed bigger upper/lower intercooler piping. Where did you get the parts, did you really have to cut the engine cover. Is there a pipe that would fit around the cover like the stock pipe?

Custom job using a Dejon UICP center section, LNF stock upper rubber piece, LNF stock LICP, our stock factory pieces that "clip" into our Intercooler, I also you a LNF bolt on compressor outlet nozzle since out stock UICP bolts direct to the turbo.

If you had a custom piece bent for the UICP middle piece you probably wouldn't have to cut the corner of the engine cover.

I have this tune on my '08 Sky Redline. Stock boost is 16lbs, the tune took it to 25lbs. And this is on pump gas! The car is all stock except for the tune. Best ET is a 13.29 @ 101mph.

The GS is much heavier though. 13's should be possible with the tune.