Transplant

Joey, if I get home and survive this, I promise that I will fly up there and take you to dinner or anywhere you want to go. That’s from the heart. Your words have meant more then you know. I do hope to see you and spend some time with you. Gods speed. Thank you
Nope. I won't let you do that. Instead, I'd much rather we coordinate attending some TR event or function and spend the weekend lounging in the beautiful open air with many others, eating, drinking, sharing stories, memories, talking family, friends, life experiences, and generally enjoying every single moment.

Nope. I won't let you do that. Instead, I'd much rather we coordinate attending some TR event or function and spend the weekend lounging in the beautiful open air with many others, eating, drinking, sharing stories, memories, talking family, friends, life experiences, and generally enjoying every single moment.
Joey, this is what I love about you, damn what a stand up guy !!!! Yes I do agree with what you have said. Always did like parties. Yes that would be cool.

@1952, I want your Mrs. to write in again and tell us more about what you were talking about in the recovery room. That was hilarious. Sounds like you're feeling a lot better physically and emotionally. BIG thumbs up. :):)

Glad to hear you're on the mend! Take it easy and do what they tell you for rehab.:)

Coming home tomorrow or the next day, whatever hell that day is. Have to say physical I’m doing ok, have to admit don’t know this why me thing. I ask my Dr. why I feel like I have something eating me, or moving around in my chest .that doesn’t stop. Like rats eating inside my chest. He said I will have veins moving around until they knit down. My brother ( ass hole) said oh my remember when that air hose broke in the shop and whip all around. Damn Asshole. i don’t want to seem ungrateful , I am having trouble why I get to stay here . Because I know people, have family that has money to share. That’s it, nine out of ten **** Bye. How does one feel About that.

Ray if you don’t mind me asking, where do you live?

Btw this is the best thread on this forum

Joey, this is what I love about you, damn what a stand up guy !!!! Yes I do agree with what you have said. Always did like parties. Yes that would be cool.
[/QUOTE
@1952, I want your Mrs. to write in again and tell us more about what you were talking about in the recovery room. That was hilarious. Sounds like you're feeling a lot better physically and emotionally. BIG thumbs up. :):)
dont Know if whatever happen will ever be re
Ray if you don’t mind me asking, where do you live?

Btw this is the best thread on this forum
SC

i am being told I’ll be home tomorrow morning. Not thinking real clear. Glad to get the hell out of Atlanta. Leaving behind a no count heart. Bye. I will admit my head is screw up about this shit, Why me crap. Somewhat fearful, complaining about what feels like bugs moving around in my chest, Doc said that in takes time for the coronary arteries to knit down in place. They are moving around. My brother ( ass hole ) said you know how when a air hose breaks lose and it’s snaking wildly around. Oh that’s a nice thought. Ass hole. Oh for those who don’t want to know, they have for the time being disconnected the pump to my penis. Did not want sudden blood flow down there. I’m the first they had with that option. Go figured.

it will be nice to be home ray .. the best place to be ... thankful for your time and sharing your amazing journey ...crazy how speaking to mostly strangers is great for the heart and soul...thoughts and prayers to you Buick brudda

Ray,
I am happy to hear you will soon be home. I am also no psychologist, but remember learning about "survivor syndrome" in college. Please take a minute to Google it, as its always good to keep increasing our self awareness, to better understand what we are dealing with. Please don't take this as a negative because it is meant to help shine a light on some darker thoughts.

REAL happy to hear about your recovery! The reason it IS YOU, is most likely because the good LORD has a bigger purpose and a plan for you, to help others through life's challenges!

Hi Ray,
thought of you today (and many other folks who are on the mend). Jerryl shared some good stuff above. It's important to have a good support network in place. just wondering how you're doing. I expect you're home and comfortable in your own environment, which is probably a good thing rather than isolated in a medical facility. Spring is upon us - take it all in and enjoy the changing of the seasons.

Ray,
I am happy to hear you will soon be home. I am also no psychologist, but remember learning about "survivor syndrome" in college. Please take a minute to Google it, as its always good to keep increasing our self awareness, to better understand what we are dealing with. Please don't take this as a negative because it is meant to help shine a light on some darker thoughts.

REAL happy to hear about your recovery! The reason it IS YOU, is most likely because the good LORD has a bigger purpose and a plan for you, to help others through life's challenges!
Thank you Jerry. This has been no walk in the park. But doing the best I can. Somewhat good days , sometimes really bad days.

Hi Ray,
thought of you today (and many other folks who are on the mend). Jerryl shared some good stuff above. It's important to have a good support network in place. just wondering how you're doing. I expect you're home and comfortable in your own environment, which is probably a good thing rather than isolated in a medical facility. Spring is upon us - take it all in and enjoy the changing of the seasons.
Thanks for your words. Hopefully I will be aloud to drive one day.

Thank you Jerry. This has been no walk in the park. But doing the best I can. Somewhat good days , sometimes really bad days.

Heck, its only been 2 weeks and 2 days since you had your operation so can't expect to be out changing a transmission. That's pretty darn brutal to have your chest cavity gone into and than put back together. How long did they say it would be to get a good heal on it? We realize it has to be tough just sitting around mostly but you already knew that would be part of the recovery. But, if you have to unload we're all here and lots of times its easier to talk to strangers than family. You said you had some rough times overseas and this is just another one in your journey. I predict by this time next month you're going to be all full of piss and vinegar and be ready to do a little spring cleaning on your Buick. Sleep well.

Thank you for your thoughts. Unfortunately I have never in my life had much patience. How long to get better 3-4 weeks to six months to a year. To many variations. My operation was run of the mill so I was told. For me it was worse then being shot , stabeed or beat up. And the biggest thing is going to sleep wondering if I’ll wake up. Just being honest not macho. Getting old really does suck. MediCal science has created a generation of the walking dead. Not feeling sorry for my self, just want to drive a fast car one more time. So the moral of this story : try to do anything all things that you have ever thought off — enjoy your life — I mean wide open, every moment you can. Never slow down — like driving your Buick, because one Day it will be gone. Luck to you and anyone who may read this

Hang in there, brother.
They won't be able to chase us "Boomers" off without a fight!!!!!!!

Thank you for your thoughts. Unfortunately I have never in my life had much patience. How long to get better 3-4 weeks to six months to a year. To many variations. My operation was run of the mill so I was told. For me it was worse then being shot , stabeed or beat up. And the biggest thing is going to sleep wondering if I’ll wake up. Just being honest not macho. Getting old really does suck. MediCal science has created a generation of the walking dead. Not feeling sorry for my self, just want to drive a fast car one more time. So the moral of this story : try to do anything all things that you have ever thought off — enjoy your life — I mean wide open, every moment you can. Never slow down — like driving your Buick, because one Day it will be gone. Luck to you and anyone who may read this

OK, there'll be no more talk about not waking up and to help you keep that thought of concentrating on getting well again OR we'll send nurse Monique to take care of you. :eek:

:ROFLMAO:
OK, there'll be no more talk about not waking up and to help you keep that thought of concentrating on getting well again OR we'll send nurse Monique to take care of you. :eek:

It's the best of both worlds.......... :oops::eek: