Transmission leak(Possibly front pump seal) Dallas area... Help or shop reccomendations?

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
I don't get to drive the GN as much as I'd like to, but I took it out a couple of weeks ago & after stopping I noticed the smell of tranny fluid....:( Looked under the car & saw a slow drip from the front pump area... I wasn't far from home & the fluid was still reading full so I got it back to the house & up on some ramps for further inspection... I wiped off the area & restarted the car....From what I could tell, it seems to be coming from the front pump seal area, but I'm not sure... I'm in the Dallas area near Mesquite & if there are any fellow Buick members in the area that are willing to help me fix it I'd be happy to compensate you for your help... If not, maybe you could recommend a qualified tranny shop in the area to take it to?

Thanks..:)

Jakes Transmissions Sanger, Tx. He is well known for 200r4`s etc. He has a new shop. Look him up on the net. Dale

Jack Laswell in Royce city I sent you a pm on his email and number great guy has built me two trannys

I'm in oak cliff are you trying to get your transmission rebuilt or just replace the pump seal?

I don't get to drive the GN as much as I'd like to, but I took it out a couple of weeks ago & after stopping I noticed the smell of tranny fluid....:( Looked under the car & saw a slow drip from the front pump area... I wasn't far from home & the fluid was still reading full so I got it back to the house & up on some ramps for further inspection... I wiped off the area & restarted the car....From what I could tell, it seems to be coming from the front pump seal area, but I'm not sure... I'm in the Dallas area near Mesquite & if there are any fellow Buick members in the area that are willing to help me fix it I'd be happy to compensate you for your help... If not, maybe you could recommend a qualified tranny shop in the area to take it to?

Thanks..:)

I don't need a rebuild, car seems to shift just fine still....Just need to fix the leak....hopefully it's just a pump seal...

take it to dukes paint and body and they will get u fixed up. he does all my work to my gn, that i dont do myself and i drive it all the time no prob....

take it to dukes paint and body and they will get u fixed up. he does all my work to my gn, that i dont do myself and i drive it all the time no prob....

Billy is a good guy but he is north of Ft Worth, this car is near Mesquite. Call Jack as Brian mentioned at 972 412 9000.

Long story short, I put in a new front seal & still had the leak......Jack Laswell suggested getting my converter pressure tested by A-Torque Torque Converters in Rowlett & it turns out the converter neck had a crack in it, so for a great price they installed a new neck & everything is good again.... :)

The Darkside

That was a great catch for something that would have been otherwise easily overlooked! :eek: