Transmission Depot delivery

gnswede

Trans from transmission depot. Not according to specification

Hi
I’m own one of totally 8 pc Gn in Sweden. I bought a 750 hp 2004R trans from transmission depot and the first trip was about ½ mile before break down. The trans did not shift to the 3rd gear.
I bought a the ATSG trans manual and made a inspection of the trans. And according to the specification there should be a heavy duty oil pump, shift kit, big servo, new oil filter etc.
The trans was built for 750 hp acc.to transmission depot. I understand that I have been naive when a thrust transmission depot.
This were detected during inspection:
Standard oil filter with cracks.
Standard pump.
To un tight screws on valve body.
The carriers clearance were above specification.
End rear play 0,3 mm above specification
Front rear play 0,4mm above specification.
No thrust were replaced. Plastic thrust washer to pump was cracked.
The reason for the brake down was that the inner oil seal ring was damaged on the direct clutch hub. The seal ring was wrong assembled so that the sealing was broken for appr. 1,5 ” of the length.
This was the first time a dismantled a trans but a understand the instructions from the manual.
The guy assembled this trans did not understand the instructions or he just did not care.
A have bought parts for additionally 1200$ and I hope to have a trans for 500hp.
Thanks transmission depot.

regards Jan

That sucks because CKperformance was selling billit trans for $1,999 with free shipping.Although your shipping would have not been free

Sorry to hear of your bad luck Jan. You are not the only one that's recieved a junk Trans from Trans Depot. Members from several different forums have had similar problems. Did you ask questions about them on this forum before you purchased?
Todd

I did not know About this forum at that time. I found the trans at E-bay and though that the trans should be OK. Due to the transportation cost and the taxes, custom fees the trans cost me 2200 $. I hope that someone could do something about this unserious company.

If you need help with the Rebuild/Repair, I'm sure the Trans Builders on this site will be glad to help answer questions you may have.
Also, Chris at CKPerformance has a very informative 2004R Technical Manual.
Check it out here >> www.CKPerformance.com

www.CKPerformance.com
Several other members/builders have upgraded/strengthened parts available also.
What other Parts have you bought for the Trans?
Good luck with the repair job,
Todd

I have rebuilt the trans according to my bible ATSG.
I have a two questions.
A mopard friend told me that a have to fill the converter with oil before installation is this correct?
I have purchased the converter from Pat performance single plate.
The second question is if a can use dextron III?

Regards Jan

You can use Dexron III no problem.
Try to get a quart of oil in convertor(no need to fill)
Be sure to put atleast 6 quarts in the trans before your fire it
then add till full.
Always put in reverse for a few seconds first also.
Worst comes to worst,fly me over and I will get you shifting right:D

thank's for the advice but the problem is that a have no oil at all in the
converter. Do I have to fill it (dismantling the trans) ?

jan

Wow and i was about to order their stage 2,glad ifound this site.Now ithink is better to go with a stout 350 for that money

Do u guys think i can find a 350 that can hold behind a 455 mostly street driven for around 1000 bucks? Limited budget because all the $$ went to the motor :)

I HAD to ask. :D I would like to either buy a built 200R4 or get mine done. Wrote to Transdepot to see what kind of response I got. Well, I am dissatisfied with their answer or lack of answers and will look into a more reputable individual instead... this is what I wrote>>>

" I am in the market for a built transmission for my GN. I have done some research to find out if your transmissions are as advertised and have come accross numerous red flags. These include but are not limited to usage of standard parts instead of upgraded units, cracked parts and loose nuts and bolts to name a few. I am just wondering if you have certified mechanics doing the work or if this is some sort of "school shop" project you got going on to make $$ on the side? You reputation is negative from what I have found online. Does your warranty cover shipping back and forth?? Thanks Let me know."

And their response>>>

"we build a unit exclusively for GN not this trans we are certified trans techs and we did have a few problems going on but we have worked on them and our quality control has very much improved our GN trans is in our store.you need a trans that is correct for GN look around at others and compare its your money"

That leaves a lot out. :rolleyes: If they build them like they type...:) They're right on ONE thing. It's my money!

Hate you had a prob GNswede and hope you have it straight now.

If it doesnt work out...two words.

Extreme Automatics

Youll be set then.

I ordered a 200R4 from transdepot, and suddenly was worried to see this tread. However, all the comments on the net are referring to this tread. I PMed some guys who bought 200R4 from transdepot at ebay, and so far 2 of them replied that they have no issues and they are happy. One of them is installing now.
So far, i wanted to share you objectively. I will let you know about mine once its installed. Their replies were satisfactory on ebay.
Have a nice day.

Do you work for transdepot?

I ordered a 200R4 from transdepot, and suddenly was worried to see this tread. However, all the comments on the net are referring to this tread. I PMed some guys who bought 200R4 from transdepot at ebay, and so far 2 of them replied that they have no issues and they are happy. One of them is installing now.
So far, i wanted to share you objectively. I will let you know about mine once its installed. Their replies were satisfactory on ebay.
Have a nice day.