Transmission cooler instal pics

KC87

I got mine kinda in front running between my front mount, but it was in the same place when I had the Stock Intercooler kinda like at an angle.
And if you want to get creative, add a Chrome plate for your AC compressor, gotta do the PS Pulley in the morning
View attachment 359586 View attachment 359587 View attachment 359588

Y'all safe with the tube type coolant lines but using those plastic ties with a fin type going through a radiator can eventually rub through and cause a leak in addition to the cooler itself developing one.

Coach

Bo ran away with my goat :(
1.jpg

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
yes I do! Couldn’t hurt that Teflon thing if I tried....but I ain’t trying! I have one of your old YouTube videos I can use for an example so I’m set!
Art
Run it at 240*-300* and you won't be saying that. ;)
Steve V- Can you or someone post a link to the transmission videos? I couldn't find them on your Facebook page.
Coach-beautiful. Looks like a Setrab but with custom brackets.

TType85

IMG_0376.jpg

Might look a little sketch using the hinges but it is solid with the back having a bracket made from aluminum bar stock. I really should make some brackets to replace the hinges but that is low on the todo list.

1KWIKSIX

No, any paint not hold up over time looks worse in the end. No powder coat on trans pans.

Steve,
Why not powder coat? :unsure:
I had the exterior surface of my Hughes pan powder coated satin black years ago and not having any issues with it.
We did tape off the inside to ensure nothing was media blasted on the internals though. A thorough cleaning before we installed it and I"ve not experienced any ill effects.

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
Powdercoat insulates it. Not by very much but it does. Aluminum dissipates heat pretty good and the airflow from underneath the car enhances this. By powdercoating it you are insulating the metal slightly which also reduces the under car airflow cooling.

1KWIKSIX

Powdercoat insulates it. Not by very much but it does. Aluminum dissipates heat pretty good and the airflow from underneath the car enhances this. By powdercoating it you are insulating the metal slightly which also reduces the under car airflow cooling.
Here’s some pics of my set up

Makes sense, I do however run an external transmission cooler in addition to the factory style internal cooler in my Alradco aluminum radiator
I don’t have a gauge to monitor transmission temps but believe it should be under control

Coach

Steve,
Why not powder coat? :unsure:
I had the exterior surface of my Hughes pan powder coated satin black years ago and not having any issues with it.
We did tape off the inside to ensure nothing was media blasted on the internals though. A thorough cleaning before we installed it and I"ve not experienced any ill effects.
My Hughes pan was clear powder coated to stop the oxidation...which it didn't...but I never had any issues with heat. I use to think the same way about transmission cases until I had a nice long talk with my dad's good friend...Carl Rossler.
Yes...the Rossler that you see his hats and shirts on TV shows all the time. He use to paint his tranny cases black...and said it never causes an issue with heat.

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
Makes sense, I do however run an external transmission cooler in addition to the factory style internal cooler in my Alradco aluminum radiator
I don’t have a gauge to monitor transmission temps but believe it should be under control

You should be good, your radiator keeps it at coolant temp and then a decent external cooler will lower it another 10-40*

My Hughes pan was clear powder coated to stop the oxidation...which it didn't...but I never had any issues with heat. I use to think the same way about transmission cases until I had a nice long talk with my dad's good friend...Carl Rossler.
Yes...the Rossler that you see his hats and shirts on TV shows all the time. He use to paint his tranny cases black...and said it never causes an issue with heat.
Do you have any pics of the Hughes pan now? Also what trans cooler do you have?

1KWIKSIX

Here’s some pics

Attachments

• 08E42C5B-5EBC-4604-B5B6-D2E489C90E45.jpeg
    08E42C5B-5EBC-4604-B5B6-D2E489C90E45.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 17BDEC3C-4961-493D-A6A4-331227CD0B5D.jpeg
    17BDEC3C-4961-493D-A6A4-331227CD0B5D.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 27

Coach

You should be good, your radiator keeps it at coolant temp and then a decent external cooler will lower it another 10-40*

Do you have any pics of the Hughes pan now? Also what trans cooler do you have?
That car no longer exists. I disassembled that set up a few years ago. The tranny is sitting on the garage floor and the cooler is on the shelf and waiting for it's next home. The cooler itself is the largest B&M plate style cooler.
B&M SuperCooler Oil Coolers 70274

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
And here is my clearcoated rear-end cover. We hit it with a polishing wheel and then cleared it and put it in the oven at 350* for about 45 mins. Not sure what clear we used. Looks the same as it did 2 years ago.
Before & after:
Screenshot_20201120-131512_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201120-131055_Gallery.jpg