Translator question

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I have a translator with a Turbo Tweak chip and what I have found is I need a Bailey Extender Chip so I will be able to make fueling changes in the translator ? Is this correct

IIrc there's 2 different translators, the plain jane version I have with the lt-1 maf using a TT chip and the fancy translator-2 that allows you to make adjustments on it.

what you should do is sell the translator and chip and buy a sd2 chip and powerlogger .no need for a MAF then plus you will never have to buy another chip again plus the ability to tune your car completely is awesome . just my opinion that doesn't mean much but that is the way i would look in to going

I have a translator with a Turbo Tweak chip and what I have found is I need a Bailey Extender Chip so I will be able to make fueling changes in the translator ? Is this correct

No, it's not correct. The Translator will work fine with your TT chip. The extender allows you to read airflow past the normal 255g/sec reading.

That being said, I've never had any good luck adjusting the fueling using the Translator. For some unknown reason, doing the same adjustments with the chip give good results. Doing it with the Translator doesn't.

Yesterday I went out in the car and 2 different 3rd Gear pulls my MV was at 720ish and I added fuel thru the translator , bout 10 % and it got me to 780 ish MV at WOT , My question is I thought I had to have a Bailey Extender Chip for the translator to work . I have one of Eric's TT chip that matches my set up .

Yesterday I went out in the car and 2 different 3rd Gear pulls my MV was at 720ish and I added fuel thru the translator , bout 10 % and it got me to 780 ish MV at WOT , My question is I thought I had to have a Bailey Extender Chip for the translator to work . I have one of Eric's TT chip that matches my set up .

If that happens, it's likely your MAF was never actually reaching 255 at full boost. Turning up the dial in that case helps it reach 255.