Translator Gen 2 Settings

IMCA67

Hi Guys. Finally got my new Gen 2 and LC1 wideband installed. Also the TT Extender Extreme G chip. Have a few get started questions. Whats a good starting point on timing? On my old TT 5.6 you adjusted it for 1/2 and 3/4 gears separately. Looks like with the gen 2 its just 1 setting for all gears, but is adjustable through the RPM band. Would you leave the timing the same through the RPM band?

Also, whats a good starting point on the AFR tracking? The car has alky injection, and I see most people in the 10.8-11.2 range on Alky. I'm thinking start around 10.8 a little on the rich side to be safe. What TPS voltage setting would you start tracking at?

I'm sure there are plenty of other questions I will have about this setup, so any advise or recommendations are appreciated. I am going to play with it for a little while, but it will be going to the chassis dyno for some tuning before too long. :cool:

Your best source for information on this device is the full throttle website. You have adjustments you can make in the extender chip as well.

I would set the timing at 21* across the rpm range for now. The chip gives you the capability to add more timing in the low gears if you want. If you want to stay safer, then start around 18*.

I agree with your afr of 10.8 as a target to start with.

Min TPS, I would put at about half throttle for now. The min Load is going to be more important. As I like closed loop to start when spoolup is almost done. Load is an approximation of manifold pressure in kpa. I would set it to around 12psi for now, which would be around 180 kpa on the Gen II.

These are all starting points to get you going, then optimize from there.

Eric

Thanks for the info Eric. Do you have a link to instructions for adjustments for the extender chip? Like how to add timing in the lower gears, etc? I looked on the website but didn't see any downloads for it. I didn't get anything with it when I ordered it. Thanks!

I thought I emailed it to you, maybe I forgot. Send me an email and I'll send you a copy later.

Eric