trans lines

Howling Mad

I need nnew transmission lines and my dad said he could make some for me. He suggested hydraulic hose, 20, 000 psi stuff. Just wondering is thiss would work alright or if I should go with braided stainless steel lines. Thanks for the help guys.

They will work

Keep in mind the routing as that area is scorching hot.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hope you get someone who knows something at classic. If you get a quote make sure you hold them to it.

I can get lines made for next to nothing if I was doing a stock restoration I would go with something like classic tube.

They will work

Keep in mind the routing as that area is scorching hot.

Im not sure what kind of hose it is exactly but they put them on pavers right near the engine and they hold up fine but i was planning on running the away from the engine and exhaust as best as i could to keep temps down

I ran -6 teflon braided hose when I did mine, came out great. Just running an external cooler with fan, not going thru the radiator.

Sorry to get in this thread but what size - fitting from the trans to the-6 and did u use a 45 or 90 also fixing to do the same thanks also wanted to run through the frame too. A kit would be nice for some too..

I just contacted Gbody parts & had them ship me their pre-bent steel lines. If you want to go stainless, just be aware that they are a bitch to bend if they need any tweaking. I'm sure there are several supporting vendors on the board that can supply these pre-made for you. They are relatively inexpensive so, save yourself the headaches. :mad:

Just my 2cents.

Case to Hose/Line = Male -6 AN to 1/4 in.-18 NPSM
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-220027/?rtype=10
A 45* fitting on end of Hose @Trans end would probably work best.

Sorry to get in this thread but what size - fitting from the trans to the-6 and did u use a 45 or 90 also fixing to do the same thanks also wanted to run through the frame too. A kit would be nice for some too..