Trans line connections to Alradco radiator

O SO LO

What size adapters are needed to fit stock steel transmission lines to Alradco aluminum radiator?
I thought these were to be a direct fit...??

Attachments

• 20161223_085450.jpg
    20161223_085450.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 20161223_085456.jpg
    20161223_085456.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 119
Trans lines or on the front of the rad...Those are the engine oil cooler hose fittings...

Correct, all of the factory fittings fit exactly like original equipment. Trans cooler is in front side of radiator, oil cooler in back side.

Edit, as I did not see he had an 84, it a nearly drop in for a 86/87.

Last edited:
on the engine side of rad those are engine oil cooler ports..
the transmission cooler ports are on the other side just as they are from factory and you need to tranfer your original fittings (1/8npt x 1/2-20 inv flare 90*) and the steel lines and couplers from the OE 87 radiator

edit ...i think i see the problem from your sig ..you have an84 which did not have the oil cooler like the intercooled cars ...bottom line its a direct fit for an 86-87 but you my friend have an 84

you wont have the steel lines for the other side and your lines arent correct for connecting to the 87 radiator steel line setup so from what i posted above you need the fittings but ..youll need to do some line fabbing and a 5/16 inv flare coupling
or you could order a set of transmission cooler lines and the radiator lines for an 86-87 and do the conversion correctly but thats going to cost more money

Last edited:
I should clarify a little better, I am converting HA to inter-cooled- the steel lines in pic are the lines coming from transmission. I will probably need the fittings mentioned above- where do I get them.

Thanks all, for the help... it's making sense now!

Last edited: