Trade Turbo-T for a sy/ty?

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I have a VERY VERY nice/clean 83,xxx mile 1987 Buick Turbo-T that I'd like to trade for preferably a sy or a ty of equal value. I own a performance shop in Paola, Kansas that specializes in turbo Buicks and have done a lot of very tasteful mods to this sleeper car. I wanted to stick with a stock look but focusing on a driveable high 10 second car which I accomplished with ease. The car is an extremely rare light blue with dark blue interior (1 of ~200 made in 1987) color combo hardtop with p/w, p/l, tilt, cruise, rear defog, posi, concert sound II radio, remote mirror adjustment, aluminum bumper supports and rear brake drums, and R12 a/c which needs a new compressor (recently died). The body is rust free and dang near lazer straight with incredible OE paint that really shines and looks great! It has the rare black out trim with chrome accents. There are no tears or holes in any of the interior parts and the body is damage free. You really need to see this car to appreciate it. It can be driven anywhere, handles like a charm with the current suspension set-up. I have a 2008 picture of this car on my winning run lifting both front tires 8" or more off of the ground. It launches dead straight and runs down the road and track arrow straight.

Here is a list of the mods:

Numbers matching motor
Reed 208-208 cam and lifters (very mild cam but pulls super hard!)
HD rockers
Stainless steel HD oversize push rods
ARP head and main studs
ARP rod bolts with an extra set of ARP wave locks bolts included
New bearings throughout
Standard/Standard OE turbo crank
OE turbo pistons (standard bore)
Great compression on all cylinders
Fully ported and polished Champion heads and intake
Precision 70mm upper plenum
65mm throttle body
MSD 50pph injectors
Precision Turbo 61-52 turbo with .85 a/r exhaust housing
Precision Turbo remote oil filtration
OE wheels with an extra set of 8.5" OE look-alike rear wheels with MT drag radials(275-60)
4 new Firestone Indy 500 street tires (255-60-15 rears and 235-60-15 fronts)
Terry Houston stainless 3" downpipe with 3" single shot stainless exhaust system
Alky Control progressive methanol injection system (runs 10's on pump gas!)
Walbro 340m 255llp fuel pump
Recently fully built 200-4R tranny with mechanical T-Brake and all the good parts
Art Carr 9" non-lock converter (2800 rpm stall)
HR Parts and Stuff rear sway bar kit
No Hop upper control arms
Boxed lower control arms
New rear shocks
New front Koni 3 way adjustable front shocks
15 row stock location intercooler made from 1.5 GNX high efficiency cores with 3" inlet
Aluminum radiator with dual SPAL fans...160* thermostat
Drilled and slotted rotors with carbon-ceramic pads
Stainless steel brake lines
S-10 rear brake cylinders
Convertered to vacume brakes (Powermaster unit failed...pretty normal)
Headlights converted to 9003 Xenon 80w bulbs
Numerous chrome engine compartment items
K&N air filters
PST polly-graphite body bushings
Lower front frame supports
GNX rear seat brace
New HD gel battery

This car has run a best of 10.91 and 10.90 @ 121 mph on an easy tune (24 psi and low timing) and runs11.0's teens all day long with no problem. It has run a best 60' time of 1.42 and will run 1.5's all day long on just a decent track. It typically runs 7.0's in the 1/8 @ 98-99 mph and has run a best of 100 mph in the 1/8 with 6.70's et's. With a lock-up converter it will trap 123-124 mph with ease....I don't care for lock up converters hence the reason I don't run one. The new tranny has ~200 street miles on it and has not been to the track since being re-built. This car was recently driven 600 miles to Bowlong Green, KY. for the Buick Nationals (May 2008), averaged 21-23 mpg doing so, ran deep 11's all week and is consitant as hell. I actually won bracket 2 this year with this car running within .02 of my dial all week long! This turbo will run efficiently at 25-28 psi and should take the car into the mid-10's with a good driver. Based off of the times posted above I would guess that the motor is making 450-500 hp to the tires. The car weights 3385 pounds without driver and is full OE sheet metal. I'm looking for a low mile sy or ty but really prefer a sy. I don't want any problem children or total project cars...must be rust free. Mods are ok so long as they were done in a tasteful manner. I prefer a stock looking vehicle and with nice paint...something I can show and be proud of. I can take recent pics if requested and will need the same in return. I have a trailer and can arrange delivery and/or pick up but prefer to see the sy-ty in person as I would want you to see my car in person as well...everybody has a different opinion of their vehicle and don't want to deal with surprises on either end. It has been in Kansas its entire life and has not seen any road salt and has never been a true daily driver. I knew the previous owner who purchased this car in 1990 from the original owner who he knew well...very well cared for and it shows. Please call Joe at 913-244-3829 if interested as I prefer not to make deals through email unless your sending or requesting pics.
$16,500.00.
2007 Harley Road King FLHPI
2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 diesel
1987 Buick Turbo Regal

I have seen this car many times. It is a very beautiful car! Whoever jumps on this car will be very lucky. Good luck Joe

I have seen this car many times. It is a very beautiful car! Whoever jumps on this car will be very lucky. Good luck Joe

Thanks for the words! I have a list of cars I will own in my lifetime and the syclone is one of them...may make the jump if the right one presents itself.

I'll put in a word for Joe too. I have seen the car at multiple events and the car is as described if not better. Joe is a standup guy!

Jason

I have a friend that has a 93 Ty with 70K+ miles that might be interested
in a trade, very clean vehicle, it is Garnet on top with Gray on the bottom, also I believe it is all stock also, let me know if interested and I can put you in touch with him as he does not have a computer.

Ron

I have a friend that has a 93 Ty with 70K+ miles that might be interested
in a trade, very clean vehicle, it is Garnet on top with Gray on the bottom, also I believe it is all stock also, let me know if interested and I can put you in touch with him as he does not have a computer.

Ron

Yes that would be great...thanks!

913-244-3829

hello

Joe is a good man and if we could get the deal done with my car that t would be mine.