Track Rental Cancellation!

I agree.

I’m interested to know who the 6 sponsors are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like to know as well. If anyone could private message me if they want, i'm gonna order some parts from one of the 6 today if they have what I need.

As Dan (Grumpy) & dynoman noted, the event this year was scheduled for the days leading up to and including Memorial Day Weekend.

For some this is a time dedicated attending memorials and services for those who gave all.

For others, considering lack of paid time off from work, it is family time for a get-a-way vacation, picnic, bar-b-que, etc. Nothing for the wife/girlfriend and kids to do while you BS with the boys about these black cars.

With the Elon college graduation ceremony the same time and the holiday, the area hotels have been fully booked for many, many months. What vacancies remained a few months ago were priced at double and triple the regular room rate. Most folks certainly will not pay $350+ a night for a room that is regularly $100 - $130 a night.

@SGRIM, so who are the 6 confirmed vendors? three weeks to go, maybe there will be some last minute confirming attendees.

Last edited:
With the Elon college graduation ceremony the same time and the holiday, the area hotels have been fully booked for many, many months. What vacancies remained a few months ago were priced at double and triple the regular room rate. Most folks certainly will not pay $350+ a night for a room that is regularly $100 - $130 a night.

Sounds like the nonsense at BG, last yr.
Let's schedule the race on homecoming weekend, for WKU...:rolleyes:

I remember somebody saying memorial day was a bad time to try this .....

Do you know where the original thread is from last year asking if Memorial Day was better than the usual date? I can't find it.

Do we see the handwriting on the wall here. Looks like this event will be a thing of the past soon.
Without racer and sponsor participation whats the sense, that is the backbone of successful event. SAD !

Do we see the handwriting on the wall here. Looks like this event will be a thing of the past soon.
Without racer and sponsor participation whats the sense, that is the backbone of successful event. SAD !

It’s too bad. I really looked forward to this each year. Hopefully it will get figured out for next season.

I would attend every year as I did the Renyolds event but it's a lil hard to schedule vacation etc and it's an all day trip one way.