TR6

FirstLC2

At what point do some items need to be replaced simply due to age? Such as fuel injectors, fuel pump, radiator? Or other fuel and cooling system parts?

If you are the 1st owner ,no biggie. the key is the history of the car and maintenance records.These car are very fond of giving
you some type of signal when the $hit is about to hit the fan. I know of many of these cars with 75K to over 100K miles on them
still functioning with OEM parts that you mention above. unless you are attempting to upgrade parts... IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT..

Fuel pump was replaced in 2010 with a standard AcDelco.

I am having the valve cover gaskets and rear main seal replaced, along with fuel filter, brake fluid and coolant flush.

Trying to figure out what else I should have done as preventative maintenance while it’s at the shop.

Add Powermaster to the list, unless you stay on top of it few times a year. its a problematic system. vac conversion all the way.

Add Powermaster to the list, unless you stay on top of it few times a year. its a problematic system. vac conversion all the way.

I’d like to keep it original and not convert to vac. I’ve got a backup Powermaster sitting around for the day it decides to crap out. In 10 years of ownership I’ve yet to have a problem with it

If you are the 1st owner ,no biggie. the key is the history of the car and maintenance records.These car are very fond of giving
you some type of signal when the $hit is about to hit the fan. I know of many of these cars with 75K to over 100K miles on them
still functioning with OEM parts that you mention above. unless you are attempting to upgrade parts... IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT..

Thanks. Yeah I’m not looking for performance upgrades as I want to keep the car close to original. Yes they all still work fine.

Gotcha.. With 19K miles the history of car should not be very lengthy. In thread #6 you mentioned maintenance and repairs that you are attempting, all's good. Everyone has opinions , for VC gasket l prefer Fel-Pro blue rubber.
I'm kinda old fashion on Rad flushing . A flushing solvent and water hose and drain. Don't trust those power flushes.
Then, add RMI. Helps with keeping the nasties in check.