tr6

turbofrank

My car will not start . What procedures for non start using tr6 Video only reference car running

I think the number one no start issue is the setting of the cam sensor.
. If its actually the tr6

Last edited:
Look inside the unit and see what the leds are doing when you try to start it. Can sensor is no t sensitive other than it needs to be set to the factory setting.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Here is where i stand so far cam sensor is rotating rockers are moving . Opened tr6 key on just crank is grn . start eng crank and cam blink grn . red flashed for trig/error looks like 13

Last edited:
does the sync led ever light up when cranking?

what code is the error light blinking?

we need to re-time the cam sensor most likely.

Bob

yeah, sounds like we need to set the cam sensor timing.

I can walk you thru it when you are ready.

set the engine at TDC on the #1 compression stroke. then turn it to 25 degrees after tdc (i.e. you keep turning the engine in its normal direction 25 more degrees)

then you loosen the cam sensor hold-down, turn it clockwise until the CAM led goes off, then turn it counterclockwise until the led just turns on. retighten the cam holddown.

thats it.

Bob

Was the car running and then all the sudden one day it wouldn't start?
I was at a cruise last sun she didn' t start when time to leave.

Bob I did what you said verified tdc # 1 cyl using the whistler set up cam light procedure atdc 25deg window facing 4PM Now i get backfire out exhaust no start
Ok if the crank /cam are sending signal to Tr6 does this mean they are working ? If chain slip what code is thrown?

Was it on compression stroke ? Did you feel air shoot out the #1 cylinder with spark plug out and finger over the hole? If is worse than before you have to go another revolution. Also while your at it take the cap off the cam sensor and see how much slop the chain has And the cam sensor.

I had the whistler in #1 cyl it makes a loud whistle sound when approaching tdc.
Didn' t feel like much slop to me

Is there a way to check it?

Found it under the cap will check later.

Last edited:
I was at a cruise last sun she didn' t start when time to leave.

Bob I did what you said verified tdc # 1 cyl using the whistler set up cam light procedure atdc 25deg window facing 4PM Now i get backfire out exhaust no start
Ok if the crank /cam are sending signal to Tr6 does this mean they are working ? If chain slip what code is thrown?
So it was fine then when time to leave it wouldn't start, that doesn't sound like the timing chain jumped to me.
Chuck

As of now double checked timing, checked compr cyl 12345 all 120 # 6 Iam to tired right now. reluctor ring under cam top ok.

I'm assuming you didn't have any problem getting the 25 degree after top dead center location correct before setting the cam sensor.
Make sure your crank pulley is tight, if they are not torqued down correctly they tend to come loose and rub the crank sensor, which it would act exactly as you have described.

Chuck

This morn I checked crank pulley it was tight. Once I removed Intercoolr bracket I found both crank sensor bolts loose and I could see it was rubbing. Before I removed bracket cps seemed tight. Advance auto had one it was defective. Ordered one from autozone.

Autozone

make sure the crank sensor is set up so the crank trigger ring goes thru the correct slot.

you can seen the sensors activate by watching the LED's in the TR6.

if the cam sensor is out of time, you will not get the SYNC led to light when trying to start. until the ignition system syncs, you will get no injector pulses.

Bob