tr6

New crank sensor installed slot farthest from connector ,set at .30 gap while cranking all green lights come on and code 13. After initial start key on only code 13 and crank is green.

your symptoms are indicative of a mistimed cam sensor.

but it sounds like we've been thru the cam sensor setup. can you take a cellphone video of the LEDs in the TR6 while trying to start the engine? Slow-motion if the phone will do it.

Bob

(edit)

last pic key on.

Hope you can make these out may have to wait later when not as sunny.

Last edited:
can't see the green ones. I want to visually check the cam sensor timing, but need to be able to see the green ones.

Bob I can't download good pics with phone. I can email you good videos if u send email address
Thanks ,Frank

it looks like the sync light is coming on, but not the run light.

the way it works is: (this is the same as the stock ignition)
cam and crank signals must be received in the correct relationship - this "syncs" the module, the module enables the cranking spark
the module starts allowing the crank and cam signals to pass thru to the ECM, which starts supplying fuel.
once the engine starts to "catch" the ECM starts feeding spark timing signals to the module, and turns on the "bypass" which switches the module to "RUN" mode.

anyway, it sounds like the crank sensor pulses are not making it thru the TR6 to the ECM.

Another question: when cranking, does the Check Engine light stay on, or does it go off?

Bob

When cranking light stays on. Tomorrow I will resume working on car following no start procedures.

When cranking light stays on. Tomorrow I will resume working on car following no start procedures.

I did some testing, and I'm not sure the check-engine light test tells us anything. It sounds like there is an issue with the crank pulses reaching the ECM. So its either a connection issue with the harness plugs, an issue with the TR6, or an issue with the ECM.

Bob

To end this thread 2 things happened new crank sensor installed cracked due to bent reluctor ring and cam sprocket gear teeth missing. Now moving on
IMG_20160814_180310.jpg
IMG_20160814_084941.jpg