TR6 with LS coils

So I’m still having issues but think I found the problem. I sent the box to Bob he figures it’s repairable.
My question is this appears to be a voltage problem my logs show 13 to 14.5 volts.
The power source for the module is a separate panel hot wired to the alternator I’m borrowing a stock module and coil should I wire a ballast resistor in line to be safe?

dd3d55a4fb1a026cb6d48a3d172e72dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well I took my car to a little test and tune with a borrowed module and coil, made a couple decent licks but when I left hard it fell on its face.
Today I went over the car and think I may have found the problem, i have a cable from the battery to the engine block, it was loose.....
this would explain a lot of my issues I think eating coils and a scorched module.

well I thought I had it all sorted but I was sadly mistaken I scoured the car looking for some thing, changed out the the crank sensor since this all seemed like an ignition issue with the symptoms no change. A friend suggested I try a different chip so I pulled the 6.1 out and went to an old 5.7 I had and voila I'm back. Borrowed stock coil pack and module old chip and this little car moves out now. Guess I'm sending my chip in for a look see.

well I thought I had it all sorted but I was sadly mistaken I scoured the car looking for some thing, changed out the the crank sensor since this all seemed like an ignition issue with the symptoms no change. A friend suggested I try a different chip so I pulled the 6.1 out and went to an old 5.7 I had and voila I'm back. Borrowed stock coil pack and module old chip and this little car moves out now. Guess I'm sending my chip in for a look see.
Were you hitting rev limiter in chip? Still doesnt explain the burnt trace in the TR6

it would not rev past 4000 rpm was weird could not figure it out for the life of me. The burnt trace I'm going to account for that with my main ground from the battery being loose creating resistance this could have taken out the coils too I will wait for Bobs answer when he sees it.
Another thing it could have been was my weekend track event, I left the car out one night and we had a rain shower, the way I had the computer mounted I could of had moisture get to the computer and the chip. When I swapped chips I relocated it and positioned it so hopefully I don't have any more issues.
Being a hybrid its a learning experience every time I take it out.

Thanks Eric I have and there are some large differences I'm not sure what was going on but I was seeing some knock on the default settings at 22 psi with the 6.1 it was audible sounded like number five. I added fuel until it disappeared which had me at 10.3 which seemed fat but the car ran good 6.95 at 99mph the next day after the rain shower I started to have problems in eliminations made 1 good pass. That was it the car fell flat off the line I was launching at 3200 on the 2 step hit 4000 rpm and fall flat. Funny thing is I went 4 rounds guys kept beating them selfs!
The logs show the car getting to 4000 rpm 20 psi and then dropping boost and rpm kind of hovering around 4000 rpm.
I looked at all the sensors TPS was good 4.8 alt 14 volts MAF 255 WB 10.3 I was pulling my hair out.
Swapped coil pack and module an then the chip to the 5.7 at 22 PSI my 02s are close to 11.0 no knock and it spins to 5700 to 5800 on the shifts.
I can forward logs if anyone wants to look I would welcome the second set of eyes.

here are a couple logs track day was a decent pass 6.1 fail is the stock set up showing the stalled rpm and good stock is the 5.7 chip

Attachments

• good stock coil.dat
    193.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 6.1 fail.dat
    98 KB · Views: 50
  • track day tr6n6.1.dat
    117.6 KB · Views: 55
In the "fail" log, you have WOT fuel set to 160, which is max, and that may cause it to fall on its face with too much fuel. The "track day" log had the fuel set up more normal, but it still struggled to rpm. Seems more ignition related, but also make sure there is nothing blocking the intake like a collapsed intake hose or something.

Thanks for take mg the time to review them Eric.
I do remember adding fuel to get the wb correction close to 128 do not recall maxing it out.

Mr Bailey is a scholar and a gentleman, fixed the TR6 and sent her back said no charge that was no good sent him enough for a bottle of scotch on top of the freight he always looks after us the Buick community is lucky to have him!!!