New driveshaft

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Was looking at a new driveshaft since I have it out. Found that PST driveshaft company is located in Clearwater about 15 miles from me. Anyone have any experience with them?

I ordered one from them last week, it has been made and shipped. Just waiting for the brown truck to drop it off

Was looking at a new driveshaft since I have it out. Found that PST driveshaft company is located in Clearwater about 15 miles from me. Anyone have any experience with them?
We have bought several.
Always first-rate service, and really nice folks to deal with. :cool:

I also called a place in Tampa…the guy works on only GNs he quoted me 860, I was like damn that’s the going rate I guess. So tell me this…when I took it out the u-joints I believe the are fell out. It’s the parts that connect in the back. Can I swap those out and maybe get it rebalanced or something. I almost think it’s a waste to have it out and don’t do something to it for better driveability. I don’t know if I want to do damn near a grand for a new one. Car sits in the garage mostly.

I just got this one in Fairfield N.J. $500 he’s the same guy who makes them for Kirbans.

Attachments

• DD5FBB73-0D7E-459A-AA92-305353CBEBF3.jpeg
    DD5FBB73-0D7E-459A-AA92-305353CBEBF3.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
Yes
They work great and the service was very good

I went to Denny Driveshaft its 450.00
But he has the good Dana 3R joints that fit OE shaft
Check his sit out

I also called a place in Tampa…the guy works on only GNs he quoted me 860, I was like damn that’s the going rate I guess. So tell me this…when I took it out the u-joints I believe the are fell out. It’s the parts that connect in the back. Can I swap those out and maybe get it rebalanced or something. I almost think it’s a waste to have it out and don’t do something to it for better driveability. I don’t know if I want to do damn near a grand for a new one. Car sits in the garage mostly.
That most certainly was not PST you called. I've never paid more than about 1/2 that for a shaft.
Ya, the cups will fall off if not careful. They'll fall off really easy, if the needles are dry, rusted, etc,
Take the shaft to a ds shop, or your favorite mechanic, and have new joints put in it. No need to rebalance it.

I bought a 3 1/2” Chromoly shaft and paid $567 from PST. (Custom length)
I don’t think the aluminum was but maybe $100 more. This was with 1350 joints too.
Good people to work with.

That most certainly was not PST you called. I've never paid more than about 1/2 that for a shaft.
Ya, the cups will fall off if not careful. They'll fall off really easy, if the needles are dry, rusted, etc,
Take the shaft to a ds shop, or your favorite mechanic, and have new joints put in it. No need to rebalance it.
No, it was NOT PST