TR6 ignition impressions?

^^^what he said. Lean cruise works very well. I can attest that the lean cruise won't pop a head gasket. Without a TR6 ignition and a wide gap, it can cause the car to buck a bit while cruising. With a great ignition setup however, lean cruise works amazingly well.

My lean cruise goes in the 16`s afr numbers while cruising , the TR6 makes the combustion easier at wider gaps . its amazing how little gas these TB needs while cruising .

My lean cruise goes in the 16`s afr numbers while cruising , the TR6 makes the combustion easier at wider gaps . its amazing how little gas these TB needs while cruising .

Mine gets into the 17's on the AFR, but I also had a hell of a header crack, so I'll let you know if that's still the case after that's fixed this week.

17 is really low. I get that with the car loaded and pulling my boat at 75mph with the air on. I do use lean cruise.

Got mine on tonite, just getting started went for a short drive. Turned lean cruise back on and it is smooth. My gaps are .028 NGK ur5s, I will open them up to prob .035 running 25psi and alky.

thats in the chip, the TR6 does not control any air/fuel functions...

Bob

I love my extender chip lean cruise and I can dial in when the converter locks up while cruising have it set at 55 mph keeps the rpm up while in lean cruise.

Playing some more in the garage. The idle is smoother and the no load miss is gone. I def need another for the T.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I love my extender chip lean cruise and I can dial in when the converter locks up while cruising have it set at 55 mph keeps the rpm up while in lean cruise.

I run mine at 50mph, but have been thinking of bumping it up to 55. Any drawbacks that you notice? I will try it for myself either way, but am interested in your thoughts.

No draw backs that I have experienced, basically it just locks up on the highway now. I can cruise around on the regular roads at 50 miles an hour without the converter locked.

well got mine today.i got a question will the cam sensor phasing feature still work if my stock tac does not but i do have an after market tac hooked up to the wire harness in the engine bay .

Last edited:
so I got my tr6 there in about 2 weeks ago I saw car seems to be running a lot better better response the only thing I didn't change the gap on my spark plugs
at 30 right now should I change it go wider.
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app