TR6 Cam Phasing

Haynesie

Hello,

Wondering if anyone w/ a TR6 has run into this issue. I went to check the phasing of my Cam sensor with the TR6. When I start the engine it jumpts to about 5K, indicating 20degrees retarded. However the car has no issues starting. I have one of the casper's cam sensors with the LED that is adjustable, and an aftermarket dash with the tach hooked directly to the old tach lead (tach has no other issues and is accurate with the computer).

Does the cam phasing mode not work with the caspers cap or do I have something else terribly wrong.

Thanks,
Jason

I believe that cap will cause problems... (though I don't have one)
Otherwise, double check your cam sensor installation. I just went through this installing my tr6... I was a tooth off from the beginning... which caused the same problem your describing... sensor needs to be installed perfectly. Then you should be able to fine tune the tr6 by rotating the sensor a tad left or right... Mike

GET RID OF THE CASPERS CAP IMMEDIATELY. I HAD ONE AND IT KEPT LOSING SYNC. BOB BAILEY TOLD ME NOT TO RUN IT BUT I TRIED AND IT WORKED TEMPORARILY. IT BROKE DOWN 70 MILES FROM HOME. SWITCHED TO THE STOCK CAP AND ITS BEEN FINE FOR 2500 MILES. Sorry for all caps but. This is something to at should be a given with the tr6. Bob should post up a sticky about this and needing the stock cap

Does anyone know of a place that has the original cam sensor cap (the one w/o the LED)...I'm having a real hard time finding them as all the vendors I've checked only have the LED version.

Does anyone know of a place that has the original cam sensor cap (the one w/o the LED)...I'm having a real hard time finding them as all the vendors I've checked only have the LED version.
You basically have to take your chances with a parts store unit.
The good part is if you get a working one, it'll work for years, it's just a hall effect sensor.

I'd gladly take the chance...but finding them has been a real challenge
Screenshot_20220912-211629_eBay.jpg

Thanks! A few members have already reached out with units for sale…some less some more than that one so thanks everyone!