Tr6 2step and power enrichment issue on sd2

missin' 2

Wondering if there is anything I can do to keep from going into PE while on the 2step. Got it set for 3000 rpm. If I go on the 2step and load it up, I need to keep the throttle so it's just past the point where rpm is limited. If I go any further with the pedal, it starts popping( almost like spark is being blown out). In one instance it killed the engine and took a bit to get it re started. Seems that it does this just after going into pe. Got a wire going to ecm disabling closed loop while on 2 step also.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's not PE related. If it's popping on the 2-step, you'll need to add fuel. While on the 2-step look at where you're at in the AFR table, and set it much richer in those cells. Like if its set to 12.0 now, change it to 10.0, and try again.

Ok. So I would need to change ve table in those areas being that I'm not in closed loop on 2step.

To clarify, it doesn't matter if you are in closed loop or not, the AFR table is still used to target what AFR you want.

To clarify, it doesn't matter if you are in closed loop or not, the AFR table is still used to target what AFR you want.

I was told by bob or you to run the 12volt to a open pin I have on the ecm to take it out of closed loop while on the 2 step did I not need to do that? I did wire my 12 volt power that activates my 2 step and it seems like the 2 step is smoother idk if its just me or if it has actually done something

Yes you need to turn off closed loop fueling while on the 2-step.

In speed density, you still need a target AFR, regardless of whether its in closed loop or not.