TR factory wiring and General info thread including Concert Sound 2

Try wiring new radio to harness normally.... This info might need updating as newer radios MAY run the bigger load....also, newer radios has thermal protection....try and keep up updated.... I'll do so testing when the opportunity arises

Your drawing is correct but I had my daughter make up this drawing to make it a bit clearer for everyone. It doesn't matter which speaker you use in series for positive and negative.
I sent you a message about this a few days ago. So if I cut the harness at the y harness and wire the - into the + from the speaker and the + into the + out then I'm good to go right?

As long its in series....this usually only applies to the stock delco...

Last question, sorry man. Does the signal come from the radio to the door speakers first or the dash?

garyk1970 I have a factory gm cd player with 5 band eq in my gn I think it came out of a typhoon/cyclone. Do I need to change my concert sound to series if I upgrade my speakers? Thanks,Mike

No...just upgrade the doors, and leave the dash alone...that will keep the CS2 radio happy .(or any radio for that matter)

So after all this my question is , Who makes stock replacement speakers for the concert sound 2 doors? I have a stock deck , and not much knowledge of wiring? any plug and play ?

No...just upgrade the doors, and leave the dash alone...that will keep the CS2 radio happy .(or any radio for that matter)
what if you change to an after market head unit, do you need to re-wire the front dash speakers, or what about just not running dash speakers and only running door and rear deck?

I'm not aware of any 10 ohm speakers.

So after all this my question is , Who makes stock replacement speakers for the concert sound 2 doors? I have a stock deck , and not much knowledge of wiring? any plug and play ?

what if you change to an after market head unit, do you need to re-wire the front dash speakers, or what about just not running dash speakers and only running door and rear deck?
. I sell Pioneer head units and they seem to drive two sets of 4 ohm speakers just fine. Wire and install as normal. If they get too hot, they will turn off and cool down. (I know thermal protection is built in, I've haven't seen radio played hard and long enough to kick in

. I sell Pioneer head units and they seem to drive two sets of 4 ohm speakers just fine. Wire and install as normal. If they get too hot, they will turn off and cool down. (I know thermal protection is built in, I've haven't seen radio played hard and long enough to kick in
Are you saying it's ok to just run door and rear deck speakers?

Or are you saying the radio should be ok with 2 sets of front speakers (dash and door) along with the rear deck.

Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, they will run two sets on the front (cs2), and a set on the rear channels. If you use a pioneer and have any issues, let me know.

Bump. The wiring info in the first post really helped with wiring my speakers!

So I just installed some Rockford Fosgate Punch P132 3.25" coaxial speakers in my dash. The dash cover won't fit over them, I can tell you that much lol. They sound good though, built in crossovers. Not sure if people just put tweeters in to fit in the dash but not much room.

Also in my doors I put some old infinity Kappa 5.25" coaxial speakers with external crossovers(came with the speakers), Although theyre 5/25" they were too big, I cut my door sheet metal to fit them.

So all front speakers are 4 Ohm, which I left them bridged which they seemed to be bridged at the wiring harness that clicks into the radio, theres 2 sets of wires same colors coming together and crimped in the same connectors.
So with them being bridged still they should be at 2 Ohms.. hopefully if there are issues the radio will trip thermal over load.

How else can you wire them without maybe adding some 2 ohm resisters to bring the ohms back up to 4 ohms for the radio?

Last but not least I installed some 4x10 to 6x9 adapters from amazon, they were like $11, I needed to use the spacers the speakers came with otherwise the adapters would be touching the speaker surrounds. I installed some Polk Audio DB691 's which are 3 way 6x9s, they sound so good, great amount of bass almost like subs, I'm tempted to install a amp for them lol

My head unit I bought was is a Pioneer DEH-150MP Single DIN radio, it works nicely for what I was trying to accomplish, but I think for a little more money I could have gotten a radio with 10 more watts RMS, which would probably power the speakers better although they sound very good!

I have collected several sets of OEM Concert Sound speakers. From what I have found,
the tweeter dash speakers are 10 ohm
the 5.25" door speakers are 4 ohm
the4x10" rear speakers are 10 ohm.
I was just reading this and the doors were listed as 10 ohm in the first post. I am not sure that is correct.
But other wise this is an informative post.
Pictures in this post are similar to what I have found https://turbobuick.com/threads/factory-speaker-pics-help.453239/