TR 6 used with a ECU GN and CNP.

androboost4

Douglas M
This may seem basic for some , but I am looking for info what I need for Harnesses, connectors, and plugging all three together .
I am building a hybrid . Want to gather all the right pieces . Anybody have layout of the wiring harness placement ?

This may seem basic for some , but I am looking for info what I need for Harnesses, connectors, and plugging all three together .
I am building a hybrid . Want to gather all the right pieces . Anybody have layout of the wiring harness placement ?
Use the Ecu-gn to drive the coils. The tr6 is not needed. Or use the tr6 as the stock configuration. Turbotweak sell the CNP harness and be ready to cut and terminate ends.

Use the Ecu-gn to drive the coils. The tr6 is not needed. Or use the tr6 as the stock configuration. Turbotweak sell the CNP harness and be ready to cut and terminate ends.
Thanks , Steve , thought the TR 6 is needed for the 2 step ? Or can the Ecu-gn do that ?

The ECU GN has launch control / 2 step / 3 step / transbrake settings in the software. As long as you are using the ECU to drive the coils you could use it.

Well , is there any advantage to use both ?

The TR6 has a hardware floor of 10 degrees before top dead center for timing. No matter what the ECM commands - be it the stocker or an ECUGN - it will not go below 10 degree BTDC.

That's the limitation. Under 99% of use cases, that's completely irrelevant. You'll never need less than 10 degrees BTDC.

If you want the ECUGN's launch and traction control features to work to their full potential, it starts to matter. Though I'm not sure how much it matters in practice, since I have the TR6 and the ECUGN and TCS is working just fine for me. I just set it around the 10 degree floor and have it start cutting boost when it runs out of timing to pull. It works.

I haven't had the opportunity to really figure out the launch control yet.

Well , is there any advantage to use both ?
I can’t think of an advantage to using both the TR6 and the ECUGN together. Other than maybe it’s an easy thing to do if you already have TR6 in place and your just getting started with ECUGN...
Last week I set one up using the ECUGN to drive the coil directly (no ignition module present) and it was super easy. Fired up immediately. Now the ECU can cut the spark for all the little features that offer that functionality. The adapters for connecting directly to the truck v6 coil pack or LS coils are on the turbo Tweak site.

I can’t think of an advantage to using both the TR6 and the ECUGN together. Other than maybe it’s an easy thing to do if you already have TR6 in place and your just getting started with ECUGN...
Last week I set one up using the ECUGN to drive the coil directly (no ignition module present) and it was super easy. Fired up immediately. Now the ECU can cut the spark for all the little features that offer that functionality. The adapters for connecting directly to the truck v6 coil pack or LS coils are on the turbo Tweak site.
Steve , thanks for the feed back, and all the guys above . I have aTR6 , not installed , but really want a ECUGN ! I’ll be looking to find my wife’s hidden Piggy bank for that purchase .

The TR6 2-step settings are simple switches, as well as there is an option for a remote knob. So for quick changes to those settings the TR6 is easier. Also the diagnostic LEDs are pretty convenient. That said, the ecu-GN is a very capable platform and driving the ignition directly is great.

Bob

The TR6 2-step settings are simple switches, as well as there is an option for a remote knob. So for quick changes to those settings the TR6 is easier. Also the diagnostic LEDs are pretty convenient. That said, the ecu-GN is a very capable platform and driving the ignition directly is great.

Bob

The cam sensor phasing feature has saved my bacon a bunch of times. My cam sensor was walking on me last year. The phasing indicator lets me quickly put it back without having to re-time the engine. Huge time saver.

I got my coil bracket from Hartline, not sure if they still sell them:

Bob has been very helpful along the way with ECU-gn . I get him almost anytime on Messenger. Eric is great as well. I have to support the units I sell and as a vendor they support me when I get stuck! Great guys!