TPS question?!?!?

1quicksix

New tps installed its at .44 at idle . . all the way to the floor with the engine off its around 4.30 but going down the road at wot it only reads around 3.9 on my scantool . . its a 87 gn with only 16,000 miles on it . . is this normal or is there a problem . . what can i do to fix it . . also the car idles up to around 2000 rpm or so when in park and in netural for few seconds. . but doesnt do this when in gear and idles back down to normal after a few seconds. .is the iac bad . .any input would be helpful

I would clean the thottle body and the IAC with some throttle body safe cleaner. Then reset IAC to about 20 in park then reset TPS to .42 key on & 4.50+ WOT.

To set TPS, loosen screws and slide the tps forward then lightly tighten the bottom screw, then move the top of the tps back untill .42

i have done that . . but i could never get the tps to read over 4.30 with the switch on and the throttle pressed all the way down . . and when driving at wot it will only read around 3.90 . . also how do you set the iac correctly?

1quicksix said:
i have done that . . but i could never get the tps to read over 4.30 with the switch on and the throttle pressed all the way down . . and when driving at wot it will only read around 3.90 . . also how do you set the iac correctly?
The IAC is adjusted by the throttle plate screw.

Get you IAC count down to 20 when moter is at full temp by adjusting throttle plate screw. ( most people think this screw is for setting idle, it's not)

You will have to adjust your TPS again back to .42

IAC 20

TPS .42

Re check WOT TPS #, may have a crap TPS

Post back

You might need to ream out the hole on the tps a little, so it can adjust to around 4.50 WOT.