Touch-up those chrome vents

Tori

Ran across this trick on another car forum... I'd be most of our vents are in similar condition as mine,... where the chrome edge is wearing off. Thought this paint pen was a pretty reasonable solution.

https://www.molotow.com/magazine/molotow-liquid-chrometm/

I bought the 2mm tip, but the larger one may work better for this this application. You can also trim the tip to get a different shape.

This was after only one coat.
IMG_5775.JPG

IMG_5776.JPG

IMG_5777.JPG

Thanks for the input,looks great.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Well hell, had i known that i'd have probably just bought those. Either way, i had the pen for use on my Roadrunner so, no big loss.

Anyone have a picture with the Kirban trim pieces installed?

Last edited:
Instead of a paint pen, look at HVAC tape at homodepot. It will work on the chrome dash strip as well.

You'd have to be pretty damn good with the scissors i feel for that to work.

I guess so.... but if you have a razor blade it's pretty damn easy.

plus with a new roll of tape you can mess up about 10 or 20 thousand times before you get the hang of it.

Last edited:
Well hell, had i known that i'd have probably just bought those. Either way, i had the pen for use on my Roadrunner so, no big loss.

Anyone have a picture with the Kirban trim pieces installed?

Here is a PIC of the Kirban trim pieces. Hard to see because of the glare. I am satisfied with them. Also in the picture is the Testors paint pen silver 2546. It is on the outer portion of the dash plaque. The inner portion of the dash plaque is a TR Custom applique. I am satisfied with the paint pen as well.
IMG_0969.JPG