Total Frivolity

Nigel

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Last year I put my Buick up for sale, looking to bank money for sending my last kid through college. Now I am not giving advice or saying right or wrong, but I pulled the car back at the end of the year and said fuck it, I'll just wing it. Now mind you, I have put 3 other kids through school, 2 with a 4-year degree and one through trade school with almost no debt to me or them. I got one more to get through school. Well not only did I say fuck it, but I had to get some more dirt bikes. A couple of years ago I got back into riding because my youngest kid wanted to learn to ride. Learning in the dirt is best (I used to ride a lot as a youngster), so I bought a couple of economical dual sports. After some tire and suspension upgrades I was bit (again), did not expect that. So I had to add some real dirt bikes to the stable, I bought two 2023 Beta 200 RR 2 strokes. Absolutely awesome dirt machines. I got the first set (green) for him, we were in the middle of the lock-down BS, and I thought he needed a way out of the malaise that the fucking retard fascists created. The second set (red) are for me, he just got lucky. The bikes are a blast, wicked light, super snappy, ultimate dirt/trail machines.

1677279785961.jpeg

I'm glad you kept the car !! Things have a way of working themselves out . After selling my GN in 1990 that I bought new in 1986 , it took me 19 years to get back into Turbo Buicks in '09 . My wife would always hear me talking about the fun I had in that car and finally said " if you want one again , buy one " ....... and I did !!
You'll be glad you kept it .

I'm glad you kept the car !! Things have a way of working themselves out . After selling my GN in 1990 that I bought new in 1986 , it took me 19 years to get back into Turbo Buicks in '09 . My wife would always hear me talking about the fun I had in that car and finally said " if you want one again , buy one " ....... and I did !!
You'll be glad you kept it .
I think you are correct, plus it won't be long (I am 55) before I am too old for a dirt bike, but I got decades left to have fun with the car.

Good for you!

Last summer I saw a 300cc (if I recall correctly) 2-stroke version of those bikes. Super, super, nice! Looked very lightweight & highly flickable.

Yep! I quit riding on the street at 80....
But I've never been known for being the least bit sane, & my Hayabusa was due for replacement, and I figured I may be able to ride for another 6 yrs to age 90.
So, my latest toy is a new GSX 1300R.
U fukers that think your V Sicks is fast, hold my beer, and watch this thing leave town. 😁
Not sure how fast it will go.. Factory says 248. So far, my GF has run it to about 160.
I plan on "checkin out " @ 200 with my hair on fire and my BP at 220 over 150!

Good for you!

Last summer I saw a 300cc (if I recall correctly) 2-stroke version of those bikes. Super, super, nice! Looked very lightweight & highly flickable.
The 300s kick ass, the 200 actually has plenty for me, enough bottom end with a little clutch work and sings up top.

The 300s kick ass, the 200 actually has plenty for me, enough bottom end with a little clutch work and sings up top.
I'll bet. I instantly wanted one.

My almost 3 score mind, often believes it's still only 1 score.

In addition to a ton of northeast trail rides, hit a local MX track for some practice sessions. I only ride the C class, so nothing crazy but a ton of fun (when I am not getting banged up). My youngster is finally getting faster than me too, so that is cool.

1682171085185.png

Good for both of you! Have fun!

I used to LOVE to ride in the desert around Phoenix on my '83 KX250.

Then, I crashed real bad in my early 20's (2 surgeries and 12 days in the hospital, I still limp a little) and never had the urge to ride one again.

Get back on the horse? Nope, no thanks. :)

Last edited:
Good for both of you! Have fun!

I used to LOVE to ride in the desert around Phoenix on my '83 KX250.

Then, I crashed real bad in my early 20's (2 surgeries and 12 days in the hospital, I still limp a little) and never had the urge to ride one again.

Get back on the horse? Nope, no thanks. :)
My goal is to keep things in the realm of just getting banged up, no big crashes. Sorry to hear that, you must have wiped out pretty good.

My goal is to keep things in the realm of just getting banged up, no big crashes. Sorry to hear that, you must have wiped out pretty good.
Wide open throttle when the front wheel found a 2 foot wide canyon wash.

Bike stopped dead, I landed in a jumping cactus that was growing up against a saguaro cactus.

Saguaro's, they don't budge.

The jumping cactus was just icing on the cake.

My friends were afraid to move me. It took the Fire Department to get me out.

How the hell I've made it to 63 still confounds the hell out of me........

1682197720552.png

My aim was to die pretty. I'm the guy on the right circa 1978.

Well, that's not gonna happen!

LOL

Attachments

• c-n-c Nov 2017 #1.jpg
    c-n-c Nov 2017 #1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
DAMN!

Actually, That's me on the right!

Brain Karl is the guy on the left!!!!!

Correction: i thought I said "left" in the first post.... I shoulda known better.... LOL

A couple of months ago I got my yz 250f out after setting for several years. The new yz250fx is a nice bike but I'm almost tempted to get a yz 125 x 2 stroke as a second bike because they seem to be more fun than the big 4 strokes

Last year I put my Buick up for sale, looking to bank money for sending my last kid through college. Now I am not giving advice or saying right or wrong, but I pulled the car back at the end of the year and said fuck it, I'll just wing it. Now mind you, I have put 3 other kids through school, 2 with a 4-year degree and one through trade school with almost no debt to me or them. I got one more to get through school. Well not only did I say fuck it, but I had to get some more dirt bikes. A couple of years ago I got back into riding because my youngest kid wanted to learn to ride. Learning in the dirt is best (I used to ride a lot as a youngster), so I bought a couple of economical dual sports. After some tire and suspension upgrades I was bit (again), did not expect that. So I had to add some real dirt bikes to the stable, I bought two 2023 Beta 200 RR 2 strokes. Absolutely awesome dirt machines. I got the first set (green) for him, we were in the middle of the lock-down BS, and I thought he needed a way out of the malaise that the fucking retard fascists created. The second set (red) are for me, he just got lucky. The bikes are a blast, wicked light, super snappy, ultimate dirt/trail machines.

View attachment 391690
Called my aunt yesterday to wish her a happy birthday, 80 something, she said she looked at herself in the vertical mirror & wondered to herself how she got so old so fast, her message live it up while u can. Been into motorhead big time lately, watched Lemme's last interview from about ten days before he died, his message was there is no such thing as "safe", make the most of the present cuz tomorrow you may not be "safe". I treasure hearing from old people looking back on life, their message hits me like an anvil & always reminds me to wake the fuck up. Soo frivolity on!

A couple of months ago I got my yz 250f out after setting for several years. The new yz250fx is a nice bike but I'm almost tempted to get a yz 125 x 2 stroke as a second bike because they seem to be more fun than the big 4 strokes
Two strokes rock! The YZ is a great bike. Since I could easily plate the Betas (in NY of all places) that put them at the top of the list, otherwise I would have been looking at the YZs along with the KTM lineup. Wanted something with a plate to legally connect trails via the highway when required. In the end, the Beta 200s turned out to be perfect. Suspension leaves a little to be desired, but that can be tuned.

Called my aunt yesterday to wish her a happy birthday, 80 something, she said she looked at herself in the vertical mirror & wondered to herself how she got so old so fast, her message live it up while u can. Been into motorhead big time lately, watched Lemme's last interview from about ten days before he died, his message was there is no such thing as "safe", make the most of the present cuz tomorrow you may not be "safe". I treasure hearing from old people looking back on life, their message hits me like an anvil & always reminds me to wake the fuck up. Soo frivolity on!
Preach on brother!!!

I am still impressed with the Beta motorcycles, suspension leaves a little to be desired, I modified the valving in the fork with a kit, but overall great bikes.
I have been getting banged up a bit, but WTF. I want to get better and faster, body is having a hard time keeping up. Kid is outpacing me most of the time except where finesse is required, which makes me happy.
Riding trails back in April, a root or something took me out, even though I wear some good chest armor, a fall still displaces the rib cage. I could not sleep on my right side for 4 weeks, kept riding though. Just as that started to get better, I was on a steep hill climb and started to lose it, kept on the gas as I did not want to lose momentum, went down on my left side, that was May. So Now I could not sleep on my left side, but right was finally Ok.
Last week kicking around some berms, practicing some "technique", I twisted my knee. I was leaning pretty good into the berm, and then would open it up with a little clutch for the exit, a lot of fun. Riding the front wheel in the air a bit while exiting the berm. Problem is, along with remembering to keep your tongue in, you have to keep the inside leg up high and inside toe pointed in when leaning hard into a berm (or rut). I let my leg drop (not intentionally), it caught, and twisted the knee and pulled the groan a little. Not too bad, but sore and swollen. So now when sleeping, have to be careful not to torque the knee when rolling from back to right (left rib cage still sensitive).
Rib cage still sore makes climbing under the car difficult too. Just did left front control arm bushings, what a pain when getting up, down, sliding under the car.
It's a blast, plan to keep beating the old body into submission, just praying I don't break or tear something.