Torque Reduction on Shift 200-4R

JDB

Gentlemen and Trans Gurus, Has anyone done any work in the area of torque reduction during the shifting on a 200?

I understand that the shifting is not done electrically and therefore the timing would be difficult to sync precisely but it really seems like a worthwhile project for those wanting more performance / safer performance on the street or strip without subjecting the trans to the extreme shock loading that occurs with these heavy cars and high torque engines.

Even with a built trans to handle it all it seems that shift torque reduction would be beneficial for maintaining traction on the street or marginal tracks and / or allowing lower line pressure in the trans.

A few initial thoughts and guesstimates:
Shifting torque spikes must be several times higher than peak engine torque.
Ignition retard alone might not be enough.
Boost Reduction might have to be done past the compressor to respond fast enough.
A more advance ECU might be required but would still only be half of the solution due to the sync problem. ??

I did a search but nothing really turned up.

Would love to hear your thoughts or be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks to all !

Pretty hard to "sync" up with a trans that isn't computer controlled as you will have a hard time knowing when it is going to shift. Now if you are swapping to a 4l80e or 6L90e or one that is computer controlled I can see it.

but it really seems like a worthwhile project for those wanting more performance / safer performance
its not.torque management through the trans slows the cars down.the right calibration on the 200 and proper parts with higher line pressures make the trans live longer and they go faster that way.

its not.torque management through the trans slows the cars down.the right calibration on the 200 and proper parts with higher line pressures make the trans live longer and they go faster that way.

My point is that factory transmissions with little to no mods might be able to handle a lot more HP if the Huge Torque Spike on the Shift was reduced.

Might be, but without control of the trans it is hard for the computer to know when to pull the timing/fuel and put it back smoothly.

My point is that factory transmissions with little to no mods might be able to handle a lot more HP if the Huge Torque Spike on the Shift was reduced.
like i said its not.thats not how or why they fail.