Top 5 (fastest) Engine Builders?

Mike T

Don't want to hear about the 10 second cars. More interested in really fast stuff and who built it. I'm Sure you guys that have been around for a long time can share some names that the newer crowd may not be familiar with.

Don't want to hear about the 10 second cars. More interested in really fast stuff and who built it. I'm Sure you guys that have been around for a long time can share some names that the newer crowd may not be familiar with.
Rpe

East coast? RPE (Bobby). He doesn't race. His customers do.

Built Tony Gomes, Built Dave Fiscus, Built Jack Cotton, and a whole bunch of others, Including yours truly.

Built Tony Gomes, Built Dave Fiscus, Built Jack Cotton, and a whole bunch of others, Including yours truly.
Exactly! One of those may be the fastest he's built.

Exactly! One of those may be the fastest he's built.
I'm not sure anymore. I don't keep up much with the current events.

But doesn't Tony still hold the record for the fastest TR on a radial tire? 7something? Either way, that (and a bunch of other reasons) are a good enough reason to go to RPE.

But I'm afraid he is not an option for many. I think he has had enough of most of the Buick world.

I see a Duttweiler built engine went 6.75 @ 208 in the Gallina car in 2010

I see a Duttweiler built engine went 6.75 @ 208 in the Gallina car in 2010
East coast, West coast. RPE, Duttweiler. Whatever.

But I wonder............

Tony's running one turbo on a semi-street car that may be probably (don't know for sure) 500lbs heavier on an 11 inch tire. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony's motor made the same (or even more) horsepower.

But either way.......I would never knock the Godfather of the TR's. I just think that these two names ought to be on the top of this list forever. There are many others and some are right here among us.

ony's running one turbo on a semi-street car that may be probably (don't know for sure) 500lbs heavier on an 11 inch tire. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony's motor made the same (or even more) horsepower.
they are not that far apart and the gallina car has 2 turbos and tonys car is set up for a drag radial class x 275 i believe.

Someone here once said something like "You can go as fast as you want to, money and stupidity are the limiting factors."

All of the guys mentioned so far can easily help you part with your money and build you the car you want.

If you're on the west coast, go see Lou Czarnota, aka Turbo Lou here on the board. You want a 10 sec car? You want a 9 or 8 second car? You'll get way more than you bargained for.

Bring your wallet.........

Last edited:
've heard the name plenty of times.
i can personally say its a well deserved reputation.on a stock block, stock crank 109 i pushed over 90lbs a minute and not just once;)his stage 2 stuff is incredible.gn going mid 4s in the 1/8,mid low 7 sec stuff on 275 drag radials going 1.1 60ft.there are a host of others as well he does alot of v8 stuff.

there are guys that have passed on/or have gotten out of buicks that built some fast stuff.

He races.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk