Took my GN to the Cam East Challenge

bishir

Serenity Now
Here is a nice article about the event including some by yours truly. I thought to post it here instead of the autocross section for more exposure..

http://bangshift.com/bangshiftapex/...nd-at-the-speedway-motors-cam-challenge-east/

DSC_0860resize.jpg

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun. I highly encourage you to give it a try one day.

Looks awesome! I may do the auto-x at Good Guys this fall.
2 questions for you...
What rims are those? Brand, size, offset?
Also, why do you have a Wilwood sticker on the side of your car when you are sporting Baer brakes? I'm guessing that you have a Wilwood master, but when all that is showing is the Baer name on the calipers I can't help but chuckle.

Looks awesome! I may do the auto-x at Good Guys this fall.
2 questions for you...
What rims are those? Brand, size, offset?
Also, why do you have a Wilwood sticker on the side of your car when you are sporting Baer brakes? I'm guessing that you have a Wilwood master, but when all that is showing is the Baer name on the calipers I can't help but chuckle.

Rim info: Center Line Lazer II wheels 18x9.5 rims on all 4corners with 5"BS. 275/35/18 BFG rivals in front and 295/35/18s in the rear.

Wilwood was a sponsor of the event... thus the mandatory sticker.

Those are some serious contact patches (y)
Great photos, very sharp car, nice "hunkered down" stance :cool:
If it wasn't for the cone in that one picture I'd say you had lifted the inside front tire :eek:

Rim info: Center Line Lazer II wheels 18x9.5 rims on all 4corners with 5"BS. 275/35/18 BFG rivals in front and 295/35/18s in the rear.

Wilwood was a sponsor of the event... thus the mandatory sticker.

Thanks! I really love those wheels. Awesome pics. I can't stop staring at them. I really wish I had the money to do a few more things to my car. You have most of what I'm looking for. Front mount, nice wheel and tire combo, Baer brakes. I also want to go bigger on my turbo and do Recaro front seats. It needs to go back burner so I can try to focus on my '69 LeSabre though.

Well if it's any help I'm thinking about going smaller on my turbo. Seats are on the to-do list.. Quicker spool and acceleration are more important in the autocross... Goodguys have very tight courses that make that even more evident. I would say most of the people in CAM categorize the good goodguy courses as 'less fun.'

My combo is good for low end and auto x for sure (TE-44), but I mainly drive my car on the street and the insane spool and TE-44 flutter is getting old.