Too much oil in A/C system what now?

MRP78

I recently redid my A/C with new parts and converted to 134. I have gotten too much oil in the system which has bogged it down and prevents it from cooling like it should. What can I do to fix it with as little additional expense as possible? I have access to refrigerant, oil, manifold gauges and a vacuum pump.

The problem your going to have is "how much too much"? If you know the amount you put in was 1oz over you could bleed the system pull the accumulator and pour out that much. But if you don't know it's going to be a guessing game. The accumulator will hold some as does every component but it's the easiest to get to.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The problem your going to have is "how much too much"? If you know the amount you put in was 1oz over you could bleed the system pull the accumulator and pour out that much. But if you don't know it's going to be a guessing game. The accumulator will hold some as does every component but it's the easiest to get to.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

2 oz in the compressor, 3 oz in the accumulator and the 2 cans used to charge had 3 oz of oil each. Total oil is ~ 11 oz

The bad part is to remove the oil you'll need to measure how much comes out. The best way to do this is with a recycling machine since you can drain the oil out of the machine once the R-134 is removed. If it's 3 OZ or more then you can add exactly what you need back in when you recharge it. If you don't have access to a machine then the only accurate way to do it is take everything apart, clean it, and start from scratch.

What he said^^^ That's the best way. take everything apart and flush. replace the accumulator, drain the compressor and then start from scratch don't use the cans with oil charge. I would get proper oil and add it yourself. I never trusted the cans with oil in them . good luck

Do I really need to get another new accumulator this one is new?

Would it be possible to open it up, suck 3 oz of oil out of the accumulator and/or compressor so it has 8 oz left, vacuum it back down and recharge? It's supposed to have 8 oz right?

If you can remove all the oil from, seal it perfectly so air can't get in, and then suck it down to a full vacuum then you don't need to replace it. Otherwise it's cheap so get a new one since you can't tell how much oil is retained in it.;)

If you can remove all the oil from, seal it perfectly so air can't get in, and then suck it down to a full vacuum then you don't need to replace it. Otherwise it's cheap so get a new one since you can't tell how much oil is retained in it.;)

How many ounces of oil should be in the system?