Tony Stewart

gofstbuick

Administrator
Staff member
Watching the end of the Daytona 500, I have a new found respect for Tony Stewart. Especially as he was being blocked by Jimmie Johnson. The amazing part was when he finally got along side Johnson, he got bumped all over the track, but he manage to keep control of the car with just a slight wiggle. I'm sure it wasn't a slight wiggle to him. I'd be willing to bet that most drivers that got bumped (in the middle of the pack) like he was would have crashed and damaged a lot of other cars (Kevin Harvick comes to mind), but he maintained very good control.

Originally posted by gofstbuick
Watching the end of the Daytona 500, I have a new found respect for Tony Stewart.

I do for all the drivers. Driving in a pack 2/3 abreast at those speeds means trusting everyone around you. Even with the *errors* that are sometimes made, it takes alot to get into that league. While some families are good at it, IMO, it's more generic then connections. There's never been a loser family member that's just hung out, season after season. While the relative speeds between cars isn't usually very great, the closing speeds especially when leading can be huge.

I believe Stewart actually tried to put Johnson in the wall taking out his frustration after losing the lead...

He is a punk:D
He said im easy to find if Jimmy wants to talk about it LOL..
Dont forget about all the crap he did before going to charm school
:rolleyes: