stock 86/7 turbo , air flow lbs/min?

PHD of Hotrods
m looking for the compressor wheel options of the stock turbo....

I m not sure what the oem is......first problem....but it supports about 350 hp so Im guessing it produces about 35 lbs/min.....

What other wheels can be put in the stock turbo?

to4-h? thats about 53 lbs/min....

just looking for ideas......

not sure about lbs/min but the stock 86/87 GN turbo will flow approximately 550 CFM or cubic feet a minute...good enough for around 350 horsepower:D

I have a John Craig TA63 which is either the biggest wheel that can fit into the stock housing or close to it.
Runs good.
Steve

wow, thats big....I ve got a compressor map for a 64....and that puts it 40 lbs/min at its most effient area.....at 2.oo pressure ration......with two.....:eek: thats 800 hp at only 15 psi....:D

Thats about what I thought..........

Awhile back I read about a guy using two gn turbos on a 302..(mustang) that was running high 10's......so Im almost done with a 383 sbc......LT1.....already have the header material....got the rings yesterday......and the cam.......

I figure if I can t make 600 rwhp on 91octane Im a knuckle head.....but yea I probably am.......but the car will come in at 3000 or less......(its 2840 with no turbos.....)

I guess I need to turn up the search for two stock turbos to get this thing going.....

Nope.....
The tta will be done first actually.....

I ve got about 11 tr engines in the garage now....and 5 or so lt1's........

The tta engine will be done very shortly.....just need to get it balanced......but Jacks moter is first.....

Scott, now that Im living here things go pretty quick.....BTW....I got another lift......so if you need one for a project just let me know and Ill make some room.....

you got it pretty rough alright :)
BTW, I've still got my stock turbo in the attic, although WHOOSH expressed an interest a while back.

He don t need it......I ve got his engine on the stand.....haha

Should be in his car on saturday......

I think he might have mentioned it......not sure what he decided...but if so we will need to get it asap......if thats the one he was planning on using......

If you hear of any others let me know......

Jon, Are you looking to move any TR motors? The guy that bought Dan Painters car might be in the market for one. Later,

Yes, some are for sale.......price depends on parts ofcourse.....

Oh, I talked to Craig......and well need that turbo asap.....

one of us can run out to your place unless you want to come to my house saturday......

yes, old, old thread. with two decades of pictures and attachments probably lost, this may help anyone looking. download and save it for your own archive...
FUSE Diagram GN.jpg

I added some lines where I think the map would fall based on my own data.. I was at about 22psi to get 400hp or 40lbs/min. More boost than that it started getting very inefficient.

100_3212.JPG