Tony DeQuick CAS V2 FMIC $550+shipping OBO

marleyskater420

still needs to learn
I am selling my CAS V2 FMIC. Comes with pipes but no clamps or hoses.

Nothing is wrong with the FMIC. Only reason I am selling it is because I picked up an old Cotton's FMIC from a buddy and that core has a little less pressure drop than this one.

I can take more pics if anyone wants anything specific.

Best way to reach is my cell: 707 362 6030

My email is 1987GN@gmail.com

Thanks,
Tyler

I am half tempted to buy this since the V4 on my T-type is dented and I was considering a new FMIC if I decide to race the car more. You may want to re-think the old Cottons FMIC over the CAS V2 there is really no comparison in performance. That is by far one of the best IC's ever built for the TR. The older Cotton FM has less pressure drop but also very poor at cooling the intake charge.

Tony is/was a good friend of mine and did the original testing for the V2 on my GN. I raced that same IC on my TSO car at over 170 mph+ and would see less than 25* of temp rise in the entire pass on a 80+ degree day!! IC temps will actually drop from start to 1/8 mile!!

I actually have the design drawings and suppliers for that IC and was building them about 8 years ago but the costs are so high due to being 100% American made. The core was a custom built design out of a company in Philly which is probably gone at this point. The tanks were made local by sheet metal company and tubes bent by local company in Ohio and all of it assembled in house. Some of the earlier V2 cores came right from the Modine factory where Tony was an Engineer. Those days are long gone lol!!!

Last edited:
I am half tempted to buy this since the V3 on my T-type is dented and I was considering a new FMIC if I decide to race the car more. You may want to re-think the old Cottons FMIC over the CAS V2 there is really no comparison in performance. That is by far one of the best IC's ever built for the TR. The older Cotton FM has less pressure drop but also very poor at cooling the intake charge.

Tony is/was a good friend of mine and did the original testing for the V2 on my GN. I raced that same IC on my TSO car at over 170 mph+ and would see less than 25* of temp rise in the entire pass on a 80+ degree day!! IC temps will actually drop from start to 1/8 mile!!

I actually have the design drawings and suppliers for that IC and was building them about 8 years ago but the costs are so high due to being 100% American made. The core was a custom built design out of a company in Philly which is probably gone at this point. The tanks were made local by sheet metal company and tubes bent by local company in Ohio and all of it assembled in house. Some of the earlier V2 cores came right from the Modine factory where Tony was an Engineer. Those days are long gone lol!!!

X2 ... I wouldn't give up a Dequick over any of the FM ... this really is about the best intercooler you can put on these cars !

I have 2 of them, I would hold on to it until you ran the cottons, you might want to switch back!

I have 2 of them, I would hold on to it until you ran the cottons, you might want to switch back!

Werd dudes.

Ill keep this bad boy along with my spare billet crank just in case i ever need it for anything else.

I really do appreciate the feedback guys. Glad to know some Buick dudes are still lookin out for each other.

-Tyler

I have one of these as well yall got me feeling bad about putting it on my gn with a low 10s goal lol

I am half tempted to buy this since the V4 on my T-type is dented and I was considering a new FMIC if I decide to race the car more. You may want to re-think the old Cottons FMIC over the CAS V2 there is really no comparison in performance. That is by far one of the best IC's ever built for the TR. The older Cotton FM has less pressure drop but also very poor at cooling the intake charge.

Thank you for the history lesson on the CAS V2 .... Im gonna keep mines on my car till the cows come home :D:D

I am half tempted to buy this since the V4 on my T-type is dented and I was considering a new FMIC if I decide to race the car more. You may want to re-think the old Cottons FMIC over the CAS V2 there is really no comparison in performance.

X2 ... I wouldn't give up a Dequick over any of the FM ... this really is about the best intercooler you can put on these cars !

How would any of RJC's FMICs stack up against a CAS V2?

Sorry Conrad, the V2 isn't for sale.

I'm going to keep it in order to do some testing between the Cottons and the V2 to see what sort of pressure drop there is. My buddy should be buying whichever IC I don't end up going with.

I'm going to keep it in order to do some testing between the Cottons and the V2 to see what sort of pressure drop there is. My buddy should be buying whichever IC I don't end up going with.
Report back on the testing (y)

Don't just look at pressure drop .. that isn't all there is .. a lot more to a intercooler than just PSI drop ...

I'll bet the CAS runs FASTER